power seller icon

In Ebays new news letter which I received today it stated: Start removing all PowerSeller icons from your listing descriptions, listing templates, About Me pages, and Store pages."
How does one go about doing that?
Thanks
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

power seller icon

Probably one listing at a time unless you have a hosting service which allows you to bulk edit live listings.

I read an announcement from eBay awhile ago that said we would have to remove the PS logo from our descriptions sometime this year. I have never used it in my listing descriptions but I know many sellers do.

I found the announcement through a link on the PS board or would never have seen it.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

power seller icon

Remember it is just for the logos that you have added to the listings yourself...not the one that eBay shows beside our user names.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

power seller icon

Thanks....Appreciate the quick response
enjoy your evening
jesse
golfing in style
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

power seller icon

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Make sure all PowerSeller icons and references are removed from your listing descriptions, listing templates, About Me pages, and Store pages.

Remember that it's not just icons within your listings...it's also a mention of the fact that you are a power seller that needs to be removed from everywhere.

I have a feeling that power sellers will eventually not even have a 5% rebate on fvf's in the future as we/they become nonexistent.

Have a good one!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

power seller icon

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi golfing_in_style,

First let me say...what stunning feedback you have! You and your brother should be most proud of your efforts!

I wanted to mention that you may want to take a look at your World Page because on there you have the following:

Payment policy: pers chqs, money orders, Paypal,other

I list on the US site and personal checks and money orders are not permitted...and I'm not quite sure if they are permitted within Canada. Take a look and find out!

However, once again...congratulations!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

power seller icon

bighillbargains1
Community Member
Will this Powerseller Discussion Board disappear too along with Powerseller Icons and maybe even Powersellers???

Oh yeah, change is good... X-(
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

power seller icon

I was wondering the same thing too!
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

power seller icon

Well, there's still going to be a powerseller program, I think - they're just not going to do anything with it.

Probably cancel it in a year or so.

As for the boards, with 300 sales a year needed to make PS, it's going to get crowded in here....

Maybe they'll start a TRS board.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

power seller icon

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Surplusdealdude,

If it's not crowded in here now....why would it get crowded in here?

I know that the US Power Seller Board is busy, busy, busy....but it's very slow here most times.

I do agree...eBay will probably do away with the PS program by silently letting it go into the night. That's probably why they are taking away the icons and any references to being one.

Such is the way it goes!

Have a wonderful day!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

power seller icon

Hi golfing_in_style,

First let me say...what stunning feedback you have! You and your brother should be most proud of your efforts!

I wanted to mention that you may want to take a look at your World Page because on there you have the following:

Payment policy: pers chqs, money orders, Paypal,other

I list on the US site and personal checks and money orders are not permitted...and I'm not quite sure if they are permitted within Canada. Take a look and find out!

However, once again...congratulations!

Susan
momoftwingles2

You can't mention cheques and money order on .ca either. I thought I had removed all references from my listings awhile ago but received an alert from eBay when I tried to relist some that I had missed. They prevented me from listing them until they were changed.
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

power seller icon

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Judy,

Thanks for clarifying. I thought it was the same on .ca as .com....but didn't want to say for sure since I don't list on .ca.

Glad you knew the answer!

Hope all is well your way!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 12 of 12
latest reply