put add re what looking for??

rodm1975
Community Member

I was wandering if were allowed to tell sellers what were looking for so they can help thanks on community forms 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@rodm1975 wrote:

I was wandering if were allowed to tell sellers what were looking for so they can help thanks on community forms 

Well, you wouldn't want to put any of the sellers here in the position of advertising their own wares because that is not allowed.  If you are having trouble setting up a Search (it can be time-consuming and even a bit tricky) you can always ask for suggestions on how to look, for example if you wanted to look only at auctions, or if you wanted to find listings that were just put up, or items from Canada, or how to find a new cd player and avoid the used ones.  That sort of thing.  

The members here can use pictures and diagrams to show you how to find what you want.  Would that do?  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

yes am  in search of wire bound day timer pocket books school yr or none dated  and a storage box that.s all or a pocket cover for a day timer pocket book 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@rodm1975 wrote:

yes am  in search of wire bound day timer pocket books school yr or none dated  and a storage box that.s all or a pocket cover for a day timer pocket book 

I wish I could say Searching was easy but it is needlessly complicated.  Not bad once you get it sorted out and just go through the same process every time.  

Start by typing in some KEY WORDS into the Search bar, such as "day timer".   Then choose a CATEGORY.  Then click SEARCH.

key words.jpg

The result is often a mess of things you don't want.  So then go to the LEFT side of the page and narrow it down by ITEM LOCATION.  If you buy from NORTH AMERICA your item will arrive much faster and is more likely to be exactly what you bought as pictured in the listing:

item location.jpg

I find it helps to get rid of those annoying, page-cluttering eBay suggestions by clicking that teeny yellow thing on the bottom:

hide suggestions.jpg

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Next you can decide how you want to see items.  If you want to see the newest listings, choose that.  For a lot of items people use Price + Shipping.  Use the SORT BAR to try the different options, but make sure you are in LIST VIEW, because it is easier to scroll down all the listings. 

sort BAR.jpg

You may want to try different SEARCH term keywords, like 'planner', or 'coil bound', or 'student', or whatever.  

Also you will have to keep checking that your SEARCH PREFERENCES are the way you want them because it keeps switching back to the way eBay wants.  I find eBay's way to be more of an impediment to finding items but maybe there are people somewhere not employed by eBay who like it.  There are lots of things to click on and try out anyway. 

chang words.jpg

Play around with it a bit.  "Go shopping".  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks  it helped alot:: 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply