"Archived" orders

mimzy21
Community Member

I find it utterly ridiculous that an item whose tracking is not shown as received is allowed to go into archive status, and have all the order/monies details 'go poof. ', tracking numbers deleted, etc... It's still a LIVE bleeping order!

It should remain actively accessible as an active purchase at least until all tracking shows delivered or both parties agree that it is complete (in case that the tracking really is incorrect)

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

"Archived" orders

@mimzy21 wrote:

I find it utterly ridiculous that an item whose tracking is not shown as received is allowed to go into archive status, and have all the order/monies details 'go poof. ', tracking numbers deleted, etc... It's still a LIVE bleeping order!

It should remain actively accessible as an active purchase at least until all tracking shows delivered or both parties agree that it is complete (in case that the tracking really is incorrect)

Anything with tracking and undelivered after 60 days is probably never going to be delivered.

If the payment was made through paypal, the basic details will be there for years (mine go back 10 years).

And you should be able to link through the paypal transaction to the original listing for 90 days.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

"Archived" orders

In your "Purchase History" under "My eBay" at the right top of this page , click on "Archived" . Your order should show up there under 2014 purchases.

Maybe you can do a credit card chargeback today ?

Archived.JPG

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"Archived" orders

Yes, the order is there in Archives, but the view is different - many of the details are now gone, no tracking numbers, no more "order details" on that 'more actions' dropdown. I called eBay and that rep said he couldn't access anything more than I could.

The problem is the order is 60 days old, BUT shipped in 2 parts Feb 10 (rcv'd ok in 4 days); with the second tracking number dating only from March 18... and not yet received.

It seems I wasn't logged into my PayPal - when I tried to open a claim at day 44 because seller wasn't replying, I couldn't since there was no history linked to my PayPal account.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

"Archived" orders

Well, how did you pay for the order ?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

"Archived" orders

I went from eBay screen to PP and paid with CC via PayPal but not logged into my PP acct. A card not reg'd in PayPal. But that's another post  Smiley Wink. My post here was lamenting that a transaction which is not satisfactorily resolved should not be archived since we still need to access the information. We still have a tracking # which was associated to the purchase not yet showing 'delivered'.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

"Archived" orders

Hello 'mimzy',

<<an item whose tracking is not shown as received is allowed to go into archive status>>

Items in your Purchase History are placed in the archives after 60 days, no exceptions.

This is because ebay believes all items should be delivered within 45 days, and all transactions

completely settled and concluded to both parties 'satisfaction' within 60 days, - hence after that

time you can no longer leave feedback.

The transactional reality may be different for many many people, but ebay is big and we are

small.  Read the message boards, -- the number of rules and policies that ebay users believe

are wholly misguided, . . .

<<It's still a LIVE ... order!>>

Aahh, but in whose opinion? 

According to ebay, it seems you should have pursued a refund by day 45, or in your case, filed

your chargeback.   . . .   Why not do that now?

Based on that seller's feedback, it would appear the seller ships partial orders.  The cynic in me

suspects that the tracking number for the first half shows "Delivered" by way of thwarting a

'Not Received' claim, even though you only got half what you paid for.

As 'dennis' says, by this late date it is not likely anything is going to show up.  Hence my conviction

that you ought to go to your regular email, find the receipts you got when you paid, and with those

in front of you, along with your card statement, call the 1-800 number for your card company and

ask to do a chargeback because you did not get your full order.

Transaction details are things like the date you paid, the amount, the item number (in brackets beside

the title), and the seller's ID.  These are all still available in your archives.  The receipts from your

regular email can still be printed off.

<<the second tracking number dating only from March 18... and not yet received>>

And this is coming up from the US?  It absolutely should have been here by now if it was indeed mailed

on March 18.  I suppose there is always a scintilla of a chance it will arrive in the next few days, but

as the seller knew when she offered you that second 'tracking' number that you would be unable to do

anything about it, I simply do not believe anything was ever sent.

<<I went from eBay screen to PP and paid with CC via PayPal but not logged into my PP acct. A card not reg'd in PayPal.>>

Also known as a straight credit card purchase.

Fine, ... great even.  Because it is the credit card which offers the chargeback option.  Why not call your

card's Customer Service line and inquire.  The worst thing they'll say is 'no'.

Even if they do say 'no', -- all that would mean is you have therefore lost your money.

Well, I promise that if you don't call about it, you will most certainly have lost your money.

<<My post here was lamenting that a transaction which is not satisfactorily resolved should not be archived since we still need to access the information. We still have a tracking # which was associated to the purchase not yet showing 'delivered'.>>

Right.  But the way ebay works, - like it or not, - is that when you receive a partial order you must opt

for a refund on the difference and not ever be lulled by promises of replacement items.

Particularly as others have left that seller negs because they only got partial orders.  That's your first

clue.  Were you hoping to be the exception?

Your second clue is a seller who does not respond to messages.

After all, whilst YOU may feel that the order is not yet resolved, I am pretty confident your seller

believes it is, . . . most "satisfactorily" indeed.

I urge you most strenuously to try to get that money back.  Cards also have deadlines, so don't dawdle.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply