received a nasty email from ebay member

I have received a nasty email from an ebay member on on of the items I am selling - I want to report them.  They emailed a comment calling me 'sick in the head' - something about postage but I have no idea what they mean.  Seems a little harsh.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

For that sort of thing you must call Customer Service to do it. I get an unfortunate number of unsolicited messages myself and I report them all. Ebay Customer Service Reps may even argue that there is no violation of the policies but there is. We are not allowed to speak to each other this way in a business setting. If the message you received was not something you could call Customer Service and say to them, you have something reportable. And put it to them that way. It was an unsolicited message, not as if you were already embroiled in a heated dispute with this other member. If this is happening to you, it's happening to other sellers too. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

p.s. Your postage does seem high so use Calculated instead and set it to include a 15 per cent discount off Retail rate for Expedited through Paypal shipping. Or increase your prices and all postage to the item cost and offer 'free' postage. Buyers love 'free' postage even if the cost is included in the item. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Oh, and of course, block them from purchasing. You don't want them as a customer after that. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

There seems to be a problem with your Shipping generally.

When I put in a non-Canada destination, I don't get a price although you ship internationally.

Did you realize you can choose Custom Destinations in the International Shipping section?

You can have different rates for USA and then others for certain fairly common destinations (Europe, Australia, Japan). You can even have different rates for Europe and for Australia.

Shipping is the hardest part of selling online/mail order.

Watch out for the rate increases coming on Jan. 16!

Calculated Shipping is probably your saviour there on packages over 2cm thick that must go parcel rate.

And don't do this!

Postage will not let me put the correct weight - 100g  so postage will be cheaper than stated due to weight.

It makes you look unprofessional.

In any case, with that little dish, the weight is less important than the dimensions of the package. Over 2cm (and it will be) and you are into Small Packet or other parcel rates. 

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Play with this a bit. No harm in making your packaged items as heavier than they are, but be precise on dimensions.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply