search keywords in omniture are down

In my Omniture report  the amount of search keywords  are down in my ebay store for the last couple of months,  last year at the same time I had 112 search keywords that linked to my ebay store and in 2012 I had 175 and so far this month I have 6 keywords  and its been really quiet since August. Anyone has any idea why? Thanks,Christine

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

it is in Omniture under TRAFFIC REPORT and then FINDING METHOD and then  SEARCH KEYWORDS.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Today when I am on manage your store page and try to click on the Traffic Report link it open up the page http://pages.ebay.ca/storefronts/start.html. I cannot access the Traffic Report.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

For some reason you have a period "." after "html".  Remove the "." from the URL and it should work just fine.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Hi Pierre, Yes you are correct I copied and paste  the link and copied the link before the period of my phrase. However below is the link to the page I get when I try to open Traffic Report link. I tried  to open traffic report with Explorer and Firefox.

http://pages.ebay.ca/storefronts/start.html

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Not sure what the problem is as my Traffic Reports link works fine for me this morning.

To get the Traffic Reports,

- I go to my store,

- click on "manage my store" (bottom of the page at right),

- click on "Traffic Report" (panel at left near bottom),

- sign in,

- and there I am.  Works every time using either MS-IE or Firefox (I use both).

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@thestorecheapskatesetc wrote:

In my Omniture report  the amount of search keywords  are down in my ebay store for the last couple of months,  last year at the same time I had 112 search keywords that linked to my ebay store and in 2012 I had 175 and so far this month I have 6 keywords  and its been really quiet since August. Anyone has any idea why? Thanks,Christine

You've brought up a really interesting point, and it's one I've wondered about lately too. I used to commonly have dozens of keyword searches showing up in Ominiture (for several years), last month it was down to a handful, and none at all since the beginning of August.  

I've had no sales in over a week as well, despite running more listings than ever.  Except for a short spike last month, it has been very, very slow since about May.  General visitor stats are down on Omniture for me, but the keyword absence is particularly spooky.  

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about how keywords are captured by Omniture might have some insight, or perhaps it's just that the number of buyers who are searching online for items that typically used to be sold on eBay has dropped off dramatically.  This latter is my current theory, but who knows really?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I do exactly like you described to access the Traffic Report, and I still cant access the Traffic Report, each time I try I am transferred to the page I mentioned earlier.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

OK - try doing it on eBay.com instead of eBay.ca (or vice versa)

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Does the same thing on ebay.ca and ebay.com tried on Explorer & Firefox.

Pierre I hope you don't mind if ask,  you did not mention if you noticed a decreased of Search Keywords in your traffic report.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Like most sellers I noticed a substantial drop in traffic starting mid May for the same reasons we all know.

Since I am retired and my sales efforts on eBay are now limited, it is difficult for me to compare year over year.  However, I noticed a small uptick in sales in July despite lower traffic. Same thing so far in August (lower traffic, slightly higher sales).  It is difficult to arrive to a meaningful conclusion since the numbers are relatively very small (under $2,000 monthly sales) and this is traditionally the slowest period for most stamp dealers (many collectors put their collection away for the Summer and find other activities, generally outdoors, to occupy their time).

Message 11 of 11
latest reply