'second chances'

9523jane
Community Member

I've recently had a bunch of second chances. This seems odd to me as I've never had any in few years before now. I hate to feel so suspicious but is this a possible scam? Is the auction price pushed up and if the 'pusher' wins the item, the second bidder is offered the item. Am I being played here?

Cheers Jane.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

'second chances'

Hi  Jane ..A legit second chance will be in your myebay messages and for your last showing bid. Sellers can have more than one item..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/second-chance.html

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

'second chances'

oskye
Community Member

Can depend on the sellers you are looking at now.  Some sellers use Second Chance Offer alot - some never use it.

As heidilynn0_3  said, a seller may have more than one of an item.  And using Second Chance is a great way to sell those items quickly and easily.  If the bids below the winner are still within amount the seller is happy to sell for, then s/he can offer a Second Chance and (hopefully) get the items sold almost immediately without going to the time and effort of relisting.

Of course, it IS always possible that the scenario is sometimes as you suspect.  So, your call.  If you want the item and were willing to pay your bid price, then accept the Second Chance. If you don't like the deal, or would rather wait and look elsewhere or see if it comes up again, then ignore or turn down the offer.  You are in control.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply