seller is refusing a refund for an item that has been 'returned to sender' by Canada Post

Seller has refused to issue a refund for a tracked item that was returned to its original destination by Canada post.  Communication with respect to this transaction has dragged on for 2 weeks now, with seller continuing to insist that I will receive my package.   Tracking information indicates the item re-entered China over one week ago. 

I finally left negative feedback for this seller.   The seller attempted to negotiate a revision to the feedback in exchange for half of my money back.  I reported the attempt to withhold a refund in exchange for a refund to eBay who is investigating this incidence of feedback extortion.  Today at 7am cst the seller requested my permission to issue a refund.  I replied that a seller does not need permission to refund a buyer's money.   As of 4:02 cst I still have not received my refund.

The seller likes to communicate at the end of his/her business day which is very annoying.  Finally fed up, I left a revised feedback to include 'Seller fraud' and 'Feedback extortion reported to ebay'.  Then I emailed seller and told him/her that I would simply leave the comment posted until such time as the Canada Post tracking information indicated the item was in the hands of the sender and I received my refund.   It is the end of seller's business day now.  At least there is time for many people to see the comment throughout the evening.  I wonder if he will continue to dealer with a buyer's problems at the end of the business day.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

seller is refusing a refund for an item that has been 'returned to sender' by Canada Post

Did you receive the item and send it back or have you never received it? If you haven't received it and it has been a reasonable amount of time since you paid, you should open an item not received claim through the resolution center.

I'm curious though why it was 'returned to sender' by Canada Post.

As far as feedback, it is always best imo to wait until the transaction has concluded. In this case, that would be after you have received a refund.

Does your seller work nights? It was about 5 a.m. in China when you wrote your post so that's an odd time to end the business day.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

The package was incorrectly addressed and was undeliverable.  Canada Post sent it back automatically.  It arrived in China on December 3, 2013 at 9:35 local time and there is no further tracking information available.

In spite of this information, available for anyone with the tracking number to see,  the seller still insists the item is en route to me.

RB396067849CN

These items were paid for with a Visa debit, outside of PayPal and the buyer protection plan and I have no recourse to the resolution center.

The seller sends emails at approximately 7am central standard time.  That is the end of the business day.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I left a revised feedback to include 'Seller fraud' and 'Feedback extortion reported to ebay'. 

Unfortunately the second of those may be removed by eBay since we are not allowed to mention formal Disputes in feedback.

These items were paid for with a Visa debit, outside of PayPal and the buyer protection plan and I have no recourse to the resolution center.

This one is easy. Call the1-800 number on the back of your credit card and ask for a chargeback. Have all the amounts, transaction numbers, dates , etc handy for the customer service clerk to make the refund.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Seller continued to demand the removal of negative feedback in exchange for refund.  Still waiting to hear from eBay with respect to investigation into this case of feedback extortion.  I emailed the seller and and indicated I wanted no further communication regarding this transaction.

My latest email from the seller (which I read at 4:30 am this morning) indicates that he is content with my refusal to remove the negative feedback.  I responded that I was so glad that he was content with his decision to commit fraud against a buyer.

I am off to shop on other internet websites where such problems do not exist, poorer but wiser.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

But before I go, I just want to wish my fellow Christian Canadians a merry Christmas.   May your lives be filled with joy and laughter and may you always live happily ever after!  Luv up your pets for me, keep them warm and safe and please say a little prayer for my beloved kitten Fiesta, she does not have much time left.  (inoperable tumor near her heart).

One of my favorite quotes of all time:

The SHUIT is your shadow: proof that you are real. Your shadow is a unique possession. A lifelong

companion which cannot be lost or separated from you. You shadow is proof that you cannot lose

yourself and is the soul’s marker in space and time binding it to the earth.

Taken from 'Why the cat has nine lives: The Essential Egyptian view of the Self' (The book is called Work like an Egyptian)

Incidentally, just won $20 on the lotto max, so with the exception of $.11, I am breaking even.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Seller continued to demand the removal of negative feedback in exchange for refund.

Irrelevant.

Follow through with the Dispute or chargeback if you are going with the credit card.

The mediator (PP or cc) will refund you and go after the seller for repayment.

Exactly how they do that and what impact it has on the seller has nothing to do with you getting your money back.

The seller will just have to live with the negative. I hope when you left it you also left appropriate Detailed Seller Ratings. The normal rating for a normal transaction is five stars. The lowest rating is ONE star.

If a seller's DSRs drop below 4.3, his ability to list and to sell is severely restricted.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Breaking news......  Seller is upset that I called him a criminal and is reporting to me to eBay for being the worst buyer he has ever had.  Seems he feels he has somehow been treated unfairly by my refusal to remove negative feedback in exchange for a partial refund for the items I purchased that tracking shows are in China.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

"The Essential Egyptian view of the Self'

and we all know how well the Egyptians are doing.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

The quote is meant as a reminder that we are never alone and was intended as comfort to those who find themselves alone at Christmas time.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Your shadow is a unique possession. A lifelong companion which cannot be lost or separated from you

Your shadow vanishes in the dark, just when you need company. No 'comfort' there.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I suggest you let a little light into your life, you must live in total darkness.  It is never completely dark.  If you need to see your shadow, turn on a light.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

And before you say you have no electricity, I would like to suggest a Bic lighter, 2 sticks you can rub together,  flint which I understand is quite common in the UK, standing under a street lamp, moonlight, starlight, the reflection of light off of clouds does cast a shadow.  Need I go on.  The ancient Egyptians built the pyramids, can you build a pyramid?  You cannot even think before you speak.

Here is another of the 9 layers of the soul that 'the cat has nine lives' myth that is actually a metaphor for.

The AKH is the divine substance of the human soul, or that particle within you inserted by a divine source. It is you and that part of you that can never be lost or abandoned.

“I am this: I am a soul inside the light, appareled in flesh, designed and created by divine force”

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

It is never completely dark.  If you need to see your shadow, turn on a light.

'To see the shadows, you must look away from the light' 

af's Book of Ancient Wisdom.

And, yes, I could build a pyramid. If I had the budget.

Pharonic Egypt was an almost unbelievably static and introverted culture. As a role model it is great for a lesson in what to avoid.  I have a few small Pharonic artifacts, which are mainly impressive for their enourmous age, but I'd expect more useful wisdom from several of the folk posting on this board than I'd expect from pseudo mystical mostly fictional wisdom of the ancients books.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

We are all entitled to our opinions aren't we?  By the way, enormous is spelled e-n-o-r-m-o-u-s as in you have an enormous ego.  If you need to see your shadow, turn on the light and look away from it.

I can understand why you are no longer an eBay seller.  I suspect you treated your customers with the same contempt you treat posters to this board. 

I have the perfect Christmas gift for you, for someone who purports to read and to study philosophy and wisdom - "How to win friends and influence people" is on its way to you as I write this last post.  It does not appear as though you have read this particular book.

It seems that the regular posters to this discussion board are recruited from the ranks of the types of sellers that led me to this board in the first place. 

Toodle do

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

It looks like this topic has gotten a bit argumentative, please keep all further replies on the OP's original subject. Further off-topic and argumentative posts may result in the topic becoming locked. Thank you.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I checked with my card provider today.  This was a prepaid debit card issued by Blackhawk Network (a Safeway PayPower card) and they do not do 'charge-backs', so unless the seller issues a refund, I am out the money.

The seller recently emailed me, again asking for the removal of the negative feedback in exchange for a refund.  Wanting my money back I consented and advised the seller that once I had received my refund, I would revise the feedback.

Several hours later, I received yet another email from the seller telling me that the feedback revision option was temporarily unavailable.  My refund had still not yet been processed.

I advised the seller that I found this situation intolerable and unacceptable and that I would not revise the feedback after all. Further communications from the seller would be deleted without being read.

It goes without saying now that I will not purchase an item outside the PayPal system.

I have not heard from eBay with respect to the investigation into feedback extortion and will, as I mentioned in an earlier post, refrain from buying anything further on eBay.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Please feel free to lock this topic now.  I have found the information that I was looking for.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply