seller shipped my items in 2 separate boxes but only got one!

saraba1974
Community Member

i ordered a pair of technics 1210 mk2 worth 2,000 dollars including shipping. the seller shipped it in one box but without the platters and some parts missing.. he told me that he shipped the missing parts in separate boxes..i received the first box after 1 month and after 1 month and 2 weeks i havent received the second box, he told me im in good hands and to trust him, i asked for a tracking number but he didint reply to my messages, he just reply when i left a negative feedback. Until now I have a pair of turntables that i cannot use.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

marnotom!
Community Member

I hope you're not past the period in which you can file with the Resolution Centre for an item not as described.  This page describes the process of filing a dispute and claim for items not received and items that don't match the listing description:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

You're in blessed hands working with me my dear friends. Let thy blissful peace of mind follow you………

Quoting the seller!  Frankly I'd have hit the 'back' button on seeing that.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

You're in blessed hands working with me my dear friends. Let thy blissful peace of mind follow you………

Yup. That's a sure and certain sign of a crook.

File the Item Not As Described claim immediately. If you are past the 45 day deadline, go to the 1-800 Customer Service number on the back of the credit card you paid from.

Paypal is the intermediary and is the first line of defence, but you also have the credit card people on your side.

Have all your transaction numbers, dates, values, etc. handy for the customer service rep.

Matthew 6:3: let not thy: left hand know what thy right hand doeth.  

Never trust someone who tells you he is an honest man. Never eat at a place called Mom's. Never gamble with a man called Doc.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

i already filed a dispute claim from paypal and still have 20 days to settle the dispute. i dont want a refund cause even i got the full refund i will ship the item back to him and i will shoulder the shipping cost, and he will just resell it again and victimize potential buyer.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@saraba1974 wrote:

i already filed a dispute claim from paypal and still have 20 days to settle the dispute. i dont want a refund cause even i got the full refund i will ship the item back to him and i will shoulder the shipping cost, and he will just resell it again and victimize potential buyer.

Keep in mind that as this item was shipped through the Global Shipping Program, there's a chance you may not have to return your partial turntables in order to receive your refund.

Is there any indication that it was the seller who split up the shipment?  Could it have been done--for whatever reason--at the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky?

Or did the seller even use the Global Shipping Center in the first place?  Is there an indication on the package that you received that it was forwarded on to you?

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I'd hate to suggest litigous option, but perhaps the most economical and fastest may be to pay a $100 to a local paralegal from Park City, Utah, who will in your name explain this seller face to face what his obligations are and offer him several options to make you whole, out of which delivering the missing parts will be the cheapest.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@dipmicro wrote:

I'd hate to suggest litigous option, but perhaps the most economical and fastest may be to pay a $100 to a local paralegal from Park City, Utah, who will in your name explain this seller face to face what his obligations are and offer him several options to make you whole, out of which delivering the missing parts will be the cheapest.

The problem as I see it is that this sale was borked from the start as the listing is a small lot of related items and the Global Shipping Program isn't designed for this sort of thing.  We need to determine if the seller went through with the GSP shipping or if an alternate shipping method was used, and if the seller was the one that shipped in two parts or if the Global Shipping Center did this.

Remember, the Global Shipping Program is supposed to "relieve" sellers of their obligations to the buyer once the item is acknowledged as received and processed through the Global Shipping Center.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

what i understand based on the emails i got from the seller is that, he shipped the first box and i think 2 days before i got the deck he message me and said that for safety reasons he will ship the platters and some parts in different box for safety reasons. He kept on saying to trust him and that im in good hands whenever i follow up when will i get the missing parts. I always ask for tracking number but got late replys from him. the only time he sent me the tracking number is when he saw i left negative feeedback already. he told me to revised it but i said once i got it comlpete i will revised it. I paid it december 15 2013 and as of this moment January 30 2014 i dont know if i will still get the missing items.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Was the first box shipped through the Global Shipping Program, as stated in the listing?

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

it says global tracking number..i have no problem with that even its different shipping, but my question to him is that why not ship the other box the next day after you shipped the first box. now i got a tracking number but it only says shipping info received thru usps. why not ship it after the first box, until now im still waiting. but i filed a dispute already.

@marnotom! wrote:

Was the first box shipped through the Global Shipping Program, as stated in the listing?

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@saraba1974 wrote:

it says global tracking number..i have no problem with that even its different shipping, but my question to him is that why not ship the other box the next day after you shipped the first box. now i got a tracking number but it only says shipping info received thru usps. why not ship it after the first box, until now im still waiting. but i filed a dispute already.

I'm not sure what you mean by "it says global tracking number."  Is there any indication on the package or tracking information you received that the item was sent to Kentucky first before being forwarded on to you?  If so, that means that the item was shipped through eBay's Global Shipping Program.  Your seller doesn't even need your address to do that, and may not have had it at the time they sent it off to you, which could explain the delay in shipment of the second box.

Whatever really happened here, it's pretty obvious that the seller made a hash of things and is probably secretly quaking in their Birkenstocks or rubber sandals unless they're completely oblivious.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

so is this normal that i have to wait for more than a month to complete the sellers obligation to me? i paid it dec 15, 2013. its almost february now.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

NO!

The seller is a crook hiding behind religion and professions of honesty. Don't trust anything he says.

You will never see the missing parts.

If you think what you got is worth what you paid, you can end the Dispute, leave appropriate feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings, and move on. Don't expect to get anything more than what is in your hands right now.

But if you are not happy with what you paid for what you got, escalate the claim and get your money refunded.

It may be that you have to ship the stuff you did get back to Utah. It may be that the GSP will not require that . (It's a new program and their policies are not yet clear.)

If it is GSP they will also handle the refund of the tax and duty you paid. If it was sent directly, you will have to contact CBSA with proof of return mailing to reclaim these fees.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

now the bad news is the negative feedback i left is gone!!!!!!!!!! how come the ebay can do that?!!!

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Negative FB connected with GSP items can and will be removed. Being immune to negative FB is one of the 'benefits' of the GSP.

Poor DSRs are also removed.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

now  seller is telling me he still looking for the platters for my techiniques!

@afantiques wrote:

Negative FB connected with GSP items can and will be removed. Being immune to negative FB is one of the 'benefits' of the GSP.

Poor DSRs are also removed.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Time to escalate the dispute to a claim.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply