selling on ebay with a store

Hi everyone looking for some advice from sellers with a store,recently opened a store not sure its working, my problem is that i dont no where to go to add combined shipping and like other sellers have a statement on there store like my shipping costs and if i do this or that ,i have figured out how to do categories thanks to my son lol  afterall he got me into this but cant keep bugging him how to do this or that lol,

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@recped wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

For me, a store subscription is worth it. Without question. I like Categories. I like Markdowns. I like the Vacation Setting even if it doesn't really save a seller from potential Late Shipment defects while you're away unless you hide your listings, not just use the banner statement that you are gone until so-and-so.

You forgot one other important thing....the FVF's are lower with a Store, at least 1 point and up to 6 points depending on the category.

$2000/month in sales and the lower fees pay for a Basic Store not even considering the number of listings you get with a Store.

Don't forget the FVF on shipping. If you charge shipping and FVF get applied, they will be at the lower store category FVF rate saving from 1% to 6% just like on the item price. So you pay less on shipping FVFs.

So $2000/month in sales where sales is the item price and the shipping charged in the listing.

With shipping FVF also saved, it is much faster to reach the $1995 break even point (10% of $1995 is $19.95) to pay for the monthly store fee of $19.95 (no yearly contract) or $1595 break even point (10% of $1595 is $15.95) to pay for the monthly store fee of $15.95 (yearly contract).

If considering a store, remember that every sale (and shipping charged in the listing) saves some FVF so you get some of the monthly rate back (assuming some sales!). So if you sell $500 in sales and shipping in a month, you save at least 10% which is $5 of the monthly store rate.

You don't have to wait for $2000 in monthly sales and shipping to pay for a store to pay for a store monthly fee in full. You might save enough in FVF to make the net cost of the store $15 a month ($500 sales+shipping), $10 a month ($1000 sales+shipping), $5 a month ($1500 sales + shipping). (Using non-store rate of $19.95 a month.)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The combined shipping rules that show up under the tab are created in your Site Preferences under Account and Combined Shipping rules. You will, however, have to experiment with what rules work for you and what you sell, though. There is also a way to create a FREE SHIPPING 'sale' on the Markdown Manager but I haven't used it. 

The ebay.com Promotions Managers has more features than ours on ebay.ca. You might be looking at some of the things available to American sellers but those only work on listings created at ebay.com. I tried. The promos will show but your buyers won't be able to access hem which is worse than them not being offered. 

For me, a store subscription is worth it. Without question. I like Categories. I like Markdowns. I like the Vacation Setting even if it doesn't really save a seller from potential Late Shipment defects while you're away unless you hide your listings, not just use the banner statement that you are gone until so-and-so.

Even just for the sake of appearance: to me as a buyer, a well-organized store says 'I am here and I will be here next week too and six months from now if you look for me again'. It offers some assurance as to the intentions of the seller, to my mind.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

You forgot one other important thing....the FVF's are lower with a Store, at least 1 point and up to 6 points depending on the category.

$2000/month in sales and the lower fees pay for a Basic Store not even considering the number of listings you get with a Store.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You are correct, I did forget the FVFs are lower with a store, I always do. (Mostly because it's by only one per cent.) But thank you for reminding us! 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Stores are fine if you already have reasonable sales without it. I agree the features and the setting do help make life a little easier. Of course lower FVF.

I wouldn't get a store if you have sluggish sales and you think that a store will be the remedy. For one of my accounts I decided to see if a store would help increase sales. It didn't work for me. I didn't even see an increase in views or watchers. So it's not for everybody. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@recped wrote:

@mjwl2006 wrote:

Don't forget the FVF on shipping. If you charge shipping and FVF get applied, they will be at the lower store category FVF rate saving from 1% to 6% just like on the item price. So you pay less on shipping FVFs.

So $2000/month in sales where sales is the item price and the shipping charged in the listing.

With shipping FVF also saved, it is much faster to reach the $1995 break even point (10% of $1995 is $19.95) to pay for the monthly store fee of $19.95 (no yearly contract) or $1595 break even point (10% of $1595 is $15.95) to pay for the monthly store fee of $15.95 (yearly contract).

If considering a store, remember that every sale (and shipping charged in the listing) saves some FVF so you get some of the monthly rate back (assuming some sales!). So if you sell $500 in sales and shipping in a month, you save at least 10% which is $5 of the monthly store rate.

You don't have to wait for $2000 in monthly sales and shipping to pay for a store to pay for a store monthly fee in full. You might save enough in FVF to make the net cost of the store $15 a month ($500 sales+shipping), $10 a month ($1000 sales+shipping), $5 a month ($1500 sales + shipping). (Using non-store rate of $19.95 a month.)

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

thankyou everyone for your help,i will try for awhile and see what happens
Message 7 of 7
latest reply