shipping to USA

I shipped my item to customer in USA for the first time. I just printed label from eBay like I do for domestic shipping by Canada post. Now Delivery standard time has passed and on USPS site it shows item "in transit" . Last entry it shows is that item has been sorted through USPS facility at Chicago but not yet delivered to a New York City address even after 5 working days. 

Since this is first time I have shipped to USA so I have doubts if I missed something in the process, or item is held by us customs for some reason. What should I do ?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: shipping to USA

Has the buyer been in contact with you saying that they haven't received their package yet? If not, don't contact them as it is possible that they have it and the package wasn't scanned when it was delivered.

If they have contacted you, ask them to please be patient as the package is in the U.S. Since it already showed that it was at the sorting center in Chicago, it is not being held in customs but might have gotten set aside somewhere.

You can try this....

Go to the USPS site and enter the tracking number. On the right side of the page you will see a link for email updates. Fill out the info and also check off both boxes asking for current and future scans.

I have no idea why this might help a package get moving again but many sellers have said that it often works. If you notice that the package gets scanned after that, please let us know.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

thanks for your answer and great help. I already requested buyers contact info from ebay but did not contact buyer yet.

I will do what you suggested, hopefully it will be delivered. As it is my first shipment to USA so I am little confused and not confidant.

thanks again.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I sent many times to USA and sometimes, USPS doesn't scan the package at each stage of the process since it's a "non-USPS Label" and the "USPS delivery confirmation" written on the top of the barcode is maybe too small for their eyes!

It's the same thing when International Registered items arrives to Canada. Even if there is a big black and red "R" beside the barcode, it's not always scanned by Canada Post.

But I trust both Canada Post and USPS.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for sharing your experiences

Message 5 of 5
latest reply