should i give my email to a seller as his email in Paypal is invalid?

maybeno
Community Member

TRied to pay thru Paypal and keep getting a wrong email as seller has said the email that i am trying to pay is wrong. should i give seller my email so he can request $ from me thru paypal. Is this not bypasssing ebaY?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No more than if the seller accepted your personal cheque....

No more than if the seller accepted your personal cheque.

When you pay directly by Paypal you can add the eBay transaction number to the PP form. Then both you and the seller mark the item as Paid.

If he were to try to claim that the transaction was unpaid, you can give the PP transaction number and win the case.

More to the point.

Why has the seller not corrected his email address with Paypal? It does take a day or so, but if he and you are patient, he would solve the larger problem not just the problem with your transaction. It's his lack of action that bothers me.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

never by pass ebay.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No more than if the seller accepted your personal cheque.

When you pay directly by Paypal you can add the eBay transaction number to the PP form. Then both you and the seller mark the item as Paid.

If he were to try to claim that the transaction was unpaid, you can give the PP transaction number and win the case.

More to the point.

Why has the seller not corrected his email address with Paypal? It does take a day or so, but if he and you are patient, he would solve the larger problem not just the problem with your transaction. It's his lack of action that bothers me.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks just learning.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply