special listing offer why can't i list

eBay is offering a special listing offer August 17-26, my sister and mom got the promotion under their names.. yet under my two eBay user IDs, I do not get it.. this is the second promotion they have had, and I didn't. I have 5,000+ auctions that needs to be relisted.. they will get deleted after 60 days and my time is wasted! I need to be able to list on these special promotions! And I can't, I am really frusterated.. if all my auctions get deleted.. I am not going to bother doing it all over again from scratch.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: special listing offer why can't i list

"I have 5,000+ auctions that needs to be relisted.."

OK - If you were to relist those 5,000 listings, how much money do you think those 5,000 listings would generate for you?

A low 10% "sell thru" rate at $15 per sale would generate $7,500 in sales in seven days

The cost of having an eBay store (premium) would be $60 per month plus $675 in listing fees for auctions ($450 for fixed price listings)

Is it not worth it to list, whether you get or do not get a promotion?

Most sellers listing on eBay do it because it pays to do so and get the sales.  If there is a listing promotion saving a few dollars in listing fees, great! However it should not be the basis for building a business on eBay.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi,

Yes it would cost me $450 to relist all these as fixed price listings... but the thing is that is all I make per month average.. I have 5,000 auctions but I don't know which ones I am actually going to sell... I only get about 30-50 bids per month. It makes me $450 per month just in sales.. I don't plan on selling all 5,000 auctions all at once.. I have been listing the same auctions for the past 2 years straight. I only sell about 30-50 each month. That is why I like the listing promotions.. If I paid to list all my auctions, I just make back to pay the fees, that is stupid and waste of my time, I couldn't bother selling on eBay. I can't pay NO listing fees to actually for me to make money.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@tru_faith86 wrote:

I have 5,000+ auctions that needs to be relisted.. they will get deleted after 60 days and my time is wasted!

Turbo Lister!

Import your existing (or recently ended) listings and save them permanently so you have them for the next promo you are invited to. When you do get an invite you can pout up all 5,000 with just a couple of clicks.

Not every sellers gets an invite for every promo. I've been getting most of them but not all, that's just the way it goes.

By the way, I understand the situation you have with listing fees and very low sell through, my sell thru rate is also low, I could still make a bit of money if I paid for listings but since there have been so many promos since March of 2012 (one or two EVERY month) I have avoided paying virtually all listings fees. It's the only viable way to list very slow sellers especially if they are also sub $10 items

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply