successful removal of negative feedback BUT numbers don't add up???

I successfully appealed to ebay to have a negative feedback comment removed (on the grounds that the bidder had registered with false contact information). Although ebay apparently agreed with me, as they removed the comment, my feedback score has not returned to 100% positive, add it still shows "members who left negative: 1". This is almost worse, because now potential bidders can't see my response, which was that this bidder was non-paying (has since been suspended) and the -fb was retaliatory. Now they'll see a point on the negative column and think it was something I did. Nowhere is this "numbers" issue explained in ebay's "Policies for Feedback Removal" pages. (This was NOT a situation of mutual feedback removal; I think that in that case the numbers stay but the comments are removed.) BTW two years ago I also had a neg removed b/c they made reference to a non-existant ebay investigation (this was also a retaliatory negative feedback situation) and my score returned to 100% at that time. Anyone know what's up with this? I have written to ebay but no response yet. Thanks in advance for your input!
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

successful removal of negative feedback BUT numbers don't add up???

shooger
Community Member
Usually it takes a few hours, or up to a day, to register properly (you have to wait until their database re-indexes).

Looks fine to me - 0 negs. 🙂
Message 2 of 2
latest reply