the shirt that I thought was a xxxL turned out not to be . and when I asked the seller for my money

the shirt that I just bought was supposed to be a 3 xxxl  and  was not. I asked the seller to return my money and pay for international shipping. seller replied would refund my money but I would I  have to pay for the international shipping which would be more then the actual shirt.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

the shirt that I thought was a xxxL turned out not to be . and when I asked the seller for my money

I am sorry but based on the many negative feedback you give sellers on a regular basis, you should be more careful before buying on eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

wow five neg fb and 11 purchases mostty items not received hmmm you are not having much luck it seems

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

From China?

He can't send you a return label*, and I suspect if he looked at your feedback, he does not trust you to return the shirt if he send you the return postage.

Were there measurements in the listing? Have you measured yourself recently? Asked because not only are Chinese made garments cut small, but we often fool ourselves about just how big we are.

You have three choices.

Donate the shirt to charity.

Consider the shirt a backup 'gift' for a friend or relative. A headstart on Christmas shopping!

Sell the shirt on eBay or elsewhere with correct measurements.

You may or may not break even.

You can leave feedback of course. The most effective feedback is calm and factual. But feedback is voluntary and sellers do read it, as does eBay from time to time.

*He couldn't send you a label from the USA or UK or Malawi, either. Just. Not. Possible.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You should also consider protecting yourself against problems.

• For one, is your mailbox secure? Is your postie leaving delivery notices for you and are your housemates passing them to you? Are you picking up parcels promptly? Most outlets only allow a week before returning parcels to the sender.
  • And of course, READ the entire listing. Don't order clothing without measurements. I've seen a dress advertised as XXXL which would be at best a Size 12.  Look at the seller's feedback percentage. 99% is okay but 97% is very poor. And see if the negatives show a pattern (poor materials, slow shipping, late delivery, etc.) even when feedback percentages are good.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply