this seller has posted alot of auctions in the wrong category

bks1968
Community Member

is there any way to report or or let ebay know that this seller has posted many makeup auctions in the electronics section i`m sure they know they have posted in the wrong section since they have choosen to post in the external hard drive section of computers its a little annoying trying to find a hard drive and all you see is makeup come up lol  http://www.ebay.ca/itm/URBAN-DECAY-Brightening-Moisturizing-Primer-Makeup-Base-17oz-5ml-new-in-box-/...

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"any way to report or or let ebay know"

Why not contact the seller and let him (or her) know about the mistake.  Why involve eBay?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

ive done that before and usualy get some choice words thrown at me

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The seller has 646 of 673 listings in the computer catagories where the FVF rate is 4%. It seems to me to FVF avoidance and not a mistake. All items are clothing items when viewing the listings at random and the FVF rate is 9%.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Could be a technical glitch.  I have had a lot of items go under the wrong sub-catagory.  At first I thought it was my mistake, so I revised them all.  What surprised me was that there were MANY, I just could not understand how I could have made the same mistake over and over.

Then I noticed the revised listings came back again with the same wrong sub-catagory.

Give the poor seller a chance to make it right.  If he doesn't, then leave it alone.  eBay's sophisticated computer system should be able to pick it up.  Its never wrong. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Start with the seller. If that does not go well, there is a Report button on every listing.

Don't try to Report them all. EBay wants us to police the site, but takes a dim view of vigilantes.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply