time left remaining is way off

Twice now I've tried bidding on an item in the last few remaining minutes (the clock tells me how many minutes and seconds I have left), only to find that bidding has already ended! But according to the eBay "time left remaining" indicator I still had 2 minutes left. What's the point of having that feature if it doesn't give an accurate time? Has anyone else experienced that?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I lost about 25 auctions between yesterday and today beca...

I lost about 25 auctions between yesterday and today because of this countdown problem. I have also noticed when you save to your watch list it is not saving. This just started happening two days ago and I am really **bleep**.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Lost another auction because of Ebays count down timer not working. Now I am really getting **bleep**, what is the use of a countdown timer if it doesn't work. Common Ebay fix this. How about I charge you a Final value fee on every item I loose because of you incompetence on providing a proper website. I am nearly at my whit's end with Ebay, so dysfunctional that I an about to give up with every buying on this so called stellar site.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Just lost another auction with 52 seconds left on the countdown. Placed my bid any it was over. Ebay get your **bleep** together. Getting really **bleep**. Have you hired another monkey to do your programing, monkeys don't work for a banana a day any more. What the F is going on at Ebay
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The problem gets worse I find when you change your bid amount. In my last auction I ignored the timer and used my own clock, which you shouldn't have to do!
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@cb_delft wrote:

Twice now I've tried bidding on an item in the last few remaining minutes (the clock tells me how many minutes and seconds I have left), only to find that bidding has already ended! But according to the eBay "time left remaining" indicator I still had 2 minutes left. What's the point of having that feature if it doesn't give an accurate time? Has anyone else experienced that?

Hi cb_delft,

I'd like to look into this a bit further - would you mind sending me an email with the exact steps you're taking & include screenshots please? 

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

bid what you are willing to pay at the .beginning,no need to wait.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

We once had an antique item valued at over $1200 dollars sell for its starting bid of 99 cents - 7 day auction..!!

Afterwards we received some messages from bidders who couldn't get their bid in and thought we ended the listing early which we didn't.

We contacted eBay and found out later that there was a site visibility issue. We were actually refunded our 25 cent listing fee but decided to honor the winning bid. It was tough but we believe in honesty first.

Still wondering if these "issues" really are just glitches or an attempt to show the world that the place to get REAL DEALS is on eBay and this is all at the expense of buyers and sellers alike. 😞

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

i was leading on an item when a bid was entered ,with 56 seconds on the clock the buyer would not accept my bid ??
Message 9 of 9
latest reply