to make return what do I do first

edi1596
Community Member

I made 2500$ purchase and I wana return the item back, what do I have to do first go to the post office and return the item that's it ,or do I have to do anything else ,I haven't return anything back its my first time and im worry if the person doesn't refund the money back.,

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Your ability to return an item depends on the seller's return policy, which you should be able to find in the listing or by asking the seller.

While ebay encourage sellers to be clear and specific about their return policy, it's up to them whether they accept returns.

Remember that with the Global Shipping Program, a seller who offers to refund your original shipping will only be returning the domestic shipping cost; you will not receive a refund for the international shipping cost and import charges that were paid to the US shipping center.

If your item doesn't match the listing description, you should contact the seller first. If that doesn't work out, you can open a case in our Resolution Centre.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

First contact the seller so he knows that you will be returning the item.

The seller will not want to refund you until he has the item back.

You will need to return it with both Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation. Given the value of the item, you will probably want to use Priority Post.

The seller can refund you almost instantly if you paid by Paypal. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

The seller is not required to refund the cost of returning the item. Most won't.

If you can see on canadapost.ca or on usps.com that the item has been returned, but the seller has not refunded you, you can open an Item Not As Described Dispute.

If the seller does not refund you promptly, the Dispute allows PP to refund you, and go after the seller.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I see a $3,500 item in the bid history. Is that the one you're referring to as I didn't see anything for $2,500. If the $2,500 item was purchased more than 45 days ago, it would be too late to return it.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply