tracking number question

When I go to my Sold Items and click on the tracking number it shows the following information:date shipping label was printed,the carrier,the shipping cost which is the exact amount inclusive of taxes.
Is all this information available to the buyer?
In the announcement it states: We'll send your buyer an email with the tracking and delivery confirmation number.Just curious whether or not the amount I paid for shipping is now available to the customer.
Thanks
jesse
golfing in style
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

tracking number question

I have wondered about that too .... anyone here made a recent .CA purchase and can look it up?
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

tracking number question

I would think that this is not displayed to the buyer, only what was charged. This info appears during a query:

The tracking number and shipment status will be displayed to your buyers.

and does not mention the shipping cost. By the same token, a seller can "revise" the shipping cost and enter any BS amount he/she wishes.

We ship over 99% Light & Small packet and the # displayed is what we charge. I had to go back a couple of weeks to find a parcel we sent within Canada.

Bernie
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

tracking number question

bilge21
Community Member
This is what it shows to the buyer, nothing about costs:

English Français

NOTE: Please do not reply to this e-mail as Canada Post and the shipper will not receive your message.

You are receiving this email at the request of LOGIC RETAIL SOLUTIONS INC to provide you with updates on the progress of this shipment.

IMPORTANT SHIPMENT DETAILS

Tracking Number: 7294294937062859
Order Number: D105869635
Reference Number: 6820-

Shipment Status: Item Shipped on October 20, 2010

Please go to canadapost.ca for more details.

SHIPMENT INFORMATION

Ship To:
(My name and address)
CANADA

Service Type: Expedited Parcels

Service Standard Delivery Date: October 21, 2010
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

tracking number question

bighillbargains1
Community Member
When I go to my Sold Items and click on the tracking number it shows the following information:date shipping label was printed,the carrier,the shipping cost which is the exact amount inclusive of taxes.

When I click on the tracking # it opens a new window with the CP tracking info.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

tracking number question

That's a little pedantic, you know what he means.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply