twice in 1 week i got screwed with feedback Help!!!!

canadianclearances
Community Member
ok this is getting crazy twice in one week i had to file non payer bidder alerts and they turned around and left negative feedback how can E-bay allow this crap to continue how have the sellers become the victims???? i could understand if the product was damaged or faulty however they never came to pick up the products and now im stuck with 8 negatives and of course im just getting the run around from E-bay what is the problem is the $1000.00 a month in fees not enough now im in jepardy of being suspended what routes can i take do i dare challage the mighty E-bay? they will just place my legal letter on the top of the stack they already have and tell me they are looking into it while this joke gets away with it it is not fair!!!!! these new feedback rules are destroying everyone and everything
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

WOW, they complain about about an item that cost them 99¢, maybe you should start selling things that cost more. ;-)I find people expect a lot more from you when they get it for nothing. 😄 Sounds stupid but it is so true!!!

Lore
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

canadianclearances
Community Member
the problem is that they never picked it up how can he be allowed to make such a comment when he never even entered my store
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

did they even pay for it?
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

canadianclearances
Community Member
nope
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

CanadianClearances, you do not mention in the auction you got last neg that it is a used product. You might argue that "What does he expect for $0.99" ...

Last two red buyers seem like miscommunication to me (store closed during working hours, seller selling salvage products). The one before that, who did not pay and claimed not received - just has been added to my BBL.
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

canadianclearances
Community Member
who do i argue with ? nobody seems to give a crap.....i don't sell used items im not a garage sale i sell discontinued items from zellers and the bay
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi canadianclearances,

I have never had an auction/listing for local pick-up so I'm not exactly sure how that works. However, perhaps your buyer from the July 28th feedback that purchased four items was angry that he/she was having to pay $18.00 in handling fees. That's a lot of fees to pay for purchases that total $18.24 and they've used their gas to pick it up.

Perhaps eBay is not acting quickly because they may view this as circumventing eBay fees. Not sure...but a thought.

Maybe others out there who do local pick up may be able to offer more info about this.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

I also noticed the same thing about the pickup fees of $6.00 (first item) + $4.00 (for each addtional item). This is maybe why you are getting negative feedbacks. I don't blame the buyers these fees are excesive. Maybe something you should revise. Sell the item a little more expensive and not charge pickup fees.

Good Luck.

Frederic
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I allow local pickups at my store and never charged any pickup fees. Its a way to promote your store and have client save on the shipping. (Remember you want them back).

Frederic
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

I allow local Pick Up and never charge, but I do not under sell my products either. I do not list auctions anymore, I only do fixed prices.
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Local pickups are a win win situation for me. I would never put the "kibosh" on them by daring to charge them for the privilege of burning their gas as well as saving you the time to pack and ship. The whole pick up handling charge thing sounds counter-productive to me. Unless, of course, you are not making money with your auction items so feel justified in this charge. You may be better served, using this venue anyways, as finding profitable items to sell and drop this charge. I look local to purchase on line goodies and I personally will refuse to deal with anyone that has a pick up fee.

My local pick ups save me paypal fees, save me time and money by not having to back, and my peripheral sales, while the buyer is here, is enormous. And of course, no ebay or paypal fees on those ones. Just my 2 cents worth. Mileage may vary. 🙂

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

snoopwiz:

Certain items need to be collected and packed regardles if they are being shipped or handed over to customer. We always prepare the parcels as if they were shipping, it helps identifiying which parcel is for which customer.

Local pickup customers always want to talk, they want other things to be added to their order, they do not have exact cash on hand etc etc. I require the item to be prepaid for local pickup anyway.

Although we do not charge it, I can see a very good reason for reasonable local pickup fee.
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

canadianclearances
Community Member
guys something you have to understand local pick up fees are not " a cash grab" if you are local would you prefer i charge you 13.00 to ship out an ipod or charge you 6 to pick up locally furthure more is it not cheaper to spend $20.00 in local pick up then 50.00 with of shipping ?remember selling toasters for .99 won't pay the rent and staff and and E-Bays crazy fees and i don't know about you guys but i'm spending over a grand a month in E-bay feesthey are standard in all the e-bay stores i've ever know and shopped at it clearly states it in the ad there are no suprises or hidden fees sure us liquidators can loose the pick up fees however we will be forced to start items at 9.99 not.99 and who wins the buyer nope cause he is over paying the seller nope cause his sales will be less and his listing fees will double even triple as will his selling fees so who wins again ??? E-BAY WHO ELSE` since he did not pay and refuses to and e-bay stated all bids are legal binding maybe i should have some fun and file a small claims suit against this joke not for money but for principal just to show that us sellers are tired of this nonsense who knows maybe t will open some eyes
Message 14 of 24
latest reply

dipmicro.....Thanks for your slant on it. Some valid points. Collected, sure. But, is that a matter of walking into your basement, warehouse, 2nd bedroom, retrieving it, or do you have to go to an off-site storage area you may have? If so, then sure, I can see a fee being imposed for that. The "packed" part is something I never do until the item is bought and payment is cleared. On my larger items, I always hold out hope someone local will pick it up, saving me the time (and often, expense), of packing.

True, my pick up clients like to talk and for the most part, I welcome that. We often share a common interest and it sometimes leads to further sales. No, I don't want to make new friends with them but, the human interaction is something I welcome from time to time. Not bringing the exact cash? Yeppers, I have run into it as well. No fun but, hopefully I can show them something worth the extra $10 and now, no change required

Adding things to their order? I don't understand where that is a problem. Its "fee free" and I welcome it. You are correct however in stating that a local pickup fee is reasonable and I would grudgingly agree, in certain cases. In other cases, i'm still not convinced.

canadianclearances ....You do clearly show the local pick up fees in your auction description and I was not inferring you were doing anything underhanded. Just on a personal note, as a buyer, I simply refuse to pay a local pick up fee and have no issues in telling the seller that I would like to bid/buy but, unless they waive the fee, they can wave bye-bye to my biz. Again, just my personal opinion.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
My listings state I charge $0.25 for each item for local pick-up, which is actually local drop-off. I don't have time to entertain my customers for an hour. One even showed up with Timmy's Coffee for each of us, while it was nice, she didn't leave for 1 1/2. So now I control the length of the time I spend when I drop off their items and they feel they are getting personal service. I also package the same as if I am shipping.

I also had one buyer that would bid $0.99 only, my break even is $0.99 so I was losing money. The fee almost covers Ebay & Paypal fees. I charge $2.00 to ship 1 item and $0.50 for each additional. So I feel it is a good deal. I don't always charge everyone either. If they had bid higher on other items and it balances I don't bill it. I also don't necessarily stick to the shipping fees. They are guidelines for my customers only.

However, back to the original thread, I too agree that the seller charges too much for pick up, but that wasn't what the seller is complaining about. Again, the buyer didn't read the listing which it clearly states the pick up fees. That said when you have pick up fees like that and the buyer paid $.99 I feel you are making your money on the fees and that is not right so you leave yourself open to neg f/b for that reason. Ebay isn't going jump on your bandwagon to help you as you are earning more out of your pick-up fees than what your made on the sale. I believe this is some of the reasons Ebay is trying to clean up things like this. Maybe Pick-up fees should be included in shipping fees.

Feed back is not always fair and what is deserved. Not every person interprets things as you interpret things. Because the info is in the listing does not guarantee positive feed back. Sellers have lots of info that isn't fair or true. Do you think it is fair that a buyer has to pay return shipping when the seller sent the wrong item. I certainly don't! Do you always love everything about something before you will buy it? Probably not, and it probably wouldn't stop you from buying it anyways. So the statement "well I have the info in my listing if the buyer doesn't like it, they should move onto another seller", doesn't mean you should receive fair feedback
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Obviously you are doing something wrong because you have 29 negs over the past 12 months and quite a few of the positives state there were problems with the items, so by rights you should probably have 75 negs for the past 12 months.

If would appear that you are buying returned merchandise, defective merchandise and end of life merchandise and then representing it all as "new", which is not correct because an item a customer bought and returned to HBC is not "new", it is most likely defective in some way. Clearly you are misleading buyers by describing the goods as "new". Demanding cash at the door for local pickup rather than accepting Paypal, screams "fly by night" operation.

If you don't have time to examine or test the goods you should say that the items may not be complete, may have broken or missing parts and items have not been examined or tested.

You also need a new listing template, because the one you are using has been added to several times, probably in a hurry and now looks like a child gone mad with the crayons. Too many fonts, too many colours, too hard to read, too hard to follow, just about everything a listing should not be.

If you continue on your current path, you will eventually be removed as a seller on eBay for non compliance (aka neg feedback), and rightfully so...

All that being said, the preceding is my opinion and as such does not constitute a discussion on any point raised. If you're looking for a shoulder to cry on or an argument, you'll have to look elsewhere.
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

cajunfox
Community Member
Cash at the door for pickup is to protect against fraudulent paypal buyer claims - if the buyer claims INR on a local pickup you are completely screwed.
Message 18 of 24
latest reply

Using the same rules for shipping and pickup does several things, that is assuming you are requiring the buyer have a verified paypal shipping address.
1. You have some amount of comfort that the sale is/will be completed. Any unpaid dispute is not open to interpretation or excuse, either they payed or they didn't. Logistics of pickup/delivery have no baring.

2. If the buyer has to complete the transaction prior to pickup there is far less chance they won't show. The assumption is that people intend to come get it, but get side tracked and forget, paying first gives them the incentive to come get it.

3. With the quantity and quality of funny money floating around, I wouldn't be accepting cash.

4 Some buyers wanting to pay cash at time of pickup do so because they intend to work the amount down by various means.

I can't count the number of times a buyer requested local pickup and pay cash, but I always insist on Paypal payment prior to pickup. In most cases the buyer comes back several weeks later and asks for the item to be shipped for various reasons. Those sales would have been lost if the buyer did not have the incentive to complete delivery/pickup.

If you aren't stamping the invoice Paid in Cash and dating that, and requiring the buyer to sign a delivery receipt for local pickups, you deserve to get screwed 😉

Get some of the forms the Post office uses for signed deliveries that require the consignee to sign and print their name....
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

jewelry_quest
Community Member
Ok alot of you got off topic with your comments! It's really simple. The buyer didn't come pick up or pay for the item and the buyer leaves negative. Come on the buyer is the criminal in this situation and the seller is the victim! The sellers auction "CLEARLY" states the pick up fees and that the item is "PICK UP ONLY!" So it's just like this the buyer didn't follow the sellers policies. May I remind you all that a bid on Ebay is considered a legal and binding contract! Regardless of anything else this buyer has performed an illegal act by not following through with his part of the transaction. Hence...the buyer is the criminal in this case and the seller is the victim! We all know Ebays new feedback system isn't fair to us sellers and obviously in this case it wasn't for this seller. So give this seller a break we sellers should be supporting each other and not bashing one another!
Message 20 of 24
latest reply