used all my free listings on ebay.ca and have more free listings on ebay.com

ai2.2t
Community Member

ive used 195 of my 200 free listings on ebay.ca but ebay.com has another 200 free but when i try to relist through ebay.com it pulls me back to ebay.ca ... if i try to make a listing on ebay.com it asks for a zip code and wont let me post 

is there a trick to use the free listings on ebay.com ?

sorry if this has been asked before .. ive tryed searching but no luck

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@ai2.2t wrote:

...  ive tried a couple of different ways of this ( goto expired ad on ebay.ca and sell similar, ebay.com sell similar (pulls me back to .CA) , start a new ad in ebay.com but it wants a zip code and wont let me complete the ad )

I only recommended the sell similar to bring up you old ad up on .ca so you could use it for copy-paste purposes to your new ad (in a different browser tab) on .com

The new ad on .com shouldn't be asking for a ZIP code except when you try to use calculated shipping (or if eBay thinks you are going to use GSP). Where in the listing is it asking for a ZIP code?

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

so when i make a new ad on ebay.com at the bottom of the shipping it asks for an item location :

Item location  Item location help
Kingston, ON, K7r5y6, Canada
Change location- opens in a new window or tab
Please enter a valid Zip Code

.... never mind just figured it out 

the .com was set on auction .. i swiched fixed price and eveything worked ( the item is being offered as free shipping so i flat rate the postage ) 

so now i can post the items for free on .Com

thanks for all the help

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@ai2.2t wrote:

ive used 195 of my 200 free listings on ebay.ca but ebay.com has another 200 free but when i try to relist through ebay.com it pulls me back to ebay.ca ... if i try to make a listing on ebay.com it asks for a zip code and wont let me post 

is there a trick to use the free listings on ebay.com ?

sorry if this has been asked before .. ive tryed searching but no luck

You can't relist from eBay.CA to eBay.COM -- you have to start fresh.

If transferring I use sell similar on the item I want to move. In another tab I start listing on .com and copy and paste the info that's not changing.

-.-

You can not use calculated shipping on eBay.COM -- you can only use it if shipping from the USA.

You have to select one of the flat rate choices.

See: http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/How-to-list-on-eBay-com/m-p/328578#U328578

-.-

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

thanks for the help ..  ive tryed a couple of diffrent ways of this ( goto expired ad on ebay.ca and sell similar, ebay.com sell similar (pulls me back to .CA) , start a new ad in ebay.com but it wants a zip code and wont let me complet the ad ) 

i dont know why they put a fee listing selling cap ... ive got over 300 to list but wont as it cost too much .. im already paying a selling fee, a shipping fee, paypal fee and a store fee  😞

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

also tryed the quick listing tool but it wants $0.25 when it should be a free ad

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@ai2.2t wrote:

...  ive tried a couple of different ways of this ( goto expired ad on ebay.ca and sell similar, ebay.com sell similar (pulls me back to .CA) , start a new ad in ebay.com but it wants a zip code and wont let me complete the ad )

I only recommended the sell similar to bring up you old ad up on .ca so you could use it for copy-paste purposes to your new ad (in a different browser tab) on .com

The new ad on .com shouldn't be asking for a ZIP code except when you try to use calculated shipping (or if eBay thinks you are going to use GSP). Where in the listing is it asking for a ZIP code?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

so when i make a new ad on ebay.com at the bottom of the shipping it asks for an item location :

Item location  Item location help
Kingston, ON, K7r5y6, Canada
Change location- opens in a new window or tab
Please enter a valid Zip Code

.... never mind just figured it out 

the .com was set on auction .. i swiched fixed price and eveything worked ( the item is being offered as free shipping so i flat rate the postage ) 

so now i can post the items for free on .Com

thanks for all the help

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Both BIN and auction should still work without a "Zip" code issue.

However...  I decided to check the postal code you gave (K7R5Y6) and the Canada Post website says: The postal code cannot be found

So if eBay checked the Canada Post database the "Zip" code is indeed "incorrect" -- not sure why BIN works when auction did not.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

ill have to look into that it should be k7m5y6

thanks again .. got another 30 posted yeasterday

Message 8 of 8
latest reply