wants transfer of funds prior to shipping

I know the seller has my funds..Paypal took them from my bank account already.

But the seller wants to transfer the funds(I presume into his account) Before shipping my item.

If i read things properly the seller has 30 days to ship after payment ?

I thought it was 7

It is kinda catching my attention as weird, and i linked the seller up with info for the site on holds put on funds..

Have heard nothing further from the seller since..no feedback , no shipping , no nothing.

Am i just being paranoid ?

This has never happened before and im not so sure i care for it

what are your thoughts ?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: wants transfer of funds prior to shipping

"I know the seller has my funds..Paypal took them from my bank account already"

Maybe, maybe not.

If you paid by echeck, although the funds are out of your bank account within a day or two, the seller does NOT receive the funds from PayPal until seven or eight business days from the date of payment.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

When paying by e-check, PayPal also tells the seller NOT TO SHIP until they have confirmed and moved funds from Paypal into the sellers account, at which time they will advise your seller that he can ship to you. 

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I

Am i just being paranoid ? ...............................

what are your thoughts ?

IMO.......... you probably are.  

There can be technicalities (what used to be called paper work) before the seller gets the green light to ship from paypal.

Once you've paid, all you really have to watch for is whether you've received your item as a described in a reasonable amount of time.

The worst case scenarios are that the item isn't as described or hasn't arrived within 45 days.

If that happens you'd file a case, but you're a long way from having anything to worry about.  🙂

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Yea im sure they got the funds lol he can see them in his paypal account im pretty sure , or wouldent be trying to transfer.

I can clearly see my account has been debited for the purchase by paypal 😉

Just the first time i ever encounterd anythinng like this.

seller is pretty new to selling , and not all that high on feedback in general, but its good feedback.

How long he have to ship it ?

I asked him to please let me know when the item shipped , thats how i found out about the transfer stuff .

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Echeque ?  not even sure what that is  lol.

I just used regular paypal , not even the pay after delivery

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Did you have funds in your PayPal account, or did PayPal have to debit your bank account ? If it was the latter, then you paid by echeque. In that case, PayPal tells the seller not to ship until the payment clears into his/her PayPal account. If you want to avoid waiting like this for your items to ship to you, then you have to maintain a cash balance in your PayPal account. You can do this by uploading an amount of money from your bank account to your Paypal account.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

"Echeque ?  not even sure what that is"

A PayPal echeck is a method of payment used by buyers who do not have funds in their PayPal account resulting in the money being paid from their bank account.

As stated earlier, while a buyer will see the money taken from their bank account within a day or two, Canadian sellers do not get the money from PayPal for a week or more.

From the PayPal (USA) website:

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=1JlZRFhSkhzkh8yr1BytyZXZQjvCHZgRvcbLTy5TpC4G0r... 

Please note that 3-5 days applies to the USA.  In Canada it is 7-10 days.

Now, if a buyer has a valid credit card linked to their PayPal account, the transaction will be handled as an instant payment and the seller will see the funds credited to his account within minutes.

Your PayPal account should indicate if it was an instant payment or an echeck.

If it was an instant payment (because you have a valid credit card linked to PayPal) then the seller is wrong to hold shipment until he has transferred the money from his PayPal account to his bank account.  Check the listing carefully.  Many sellers will indicate such delay in their listings.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Oh ok I understand the Echeque now...Im linked up with a card

It was an instant payment, listing is short and to the point.

Shipping Is within Canada

No frills, but standard usualy within 2 days of cleared payment

I will give him credit as a new seller, and will wait it out a bit...but im unimpressed

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

"as a new seller..."

That is clearly the problem. The poor guy does not know or understand that money in PayPal means SHIP NOW.

The seller needs to receive some basic education.  Whenever a seller receives an instant payment through PayPal, an email is sent by PayPal stating:

"You received a payment of $00.00 CAD from (name of buyer - email address of buyer).

Thanks for using PayPal. You can now ship any items.To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Seller Protection - Eligible"

If you have a few minutes to spare you may want to direct your seller to the message he received from PayPal instructing him to ship.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

So should i just forward him a copy of what paypal sent to me saying they have asked him to ship ?

I dont wanna be rude to him(or have him think im being rude)

But on the other hand , its a little more than a 6$ item lol

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

What is that you're worried about?

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I'm sure you posted is somewhere but I can't find it?  What was the date of purchase?

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Purchase was last week , Guess i was just taken back by him replying that he would ship once the transfer was finished...

Im used to sellers shipping right away..perhaps im a little spoiled in that respect lol

i do feel a little better about it now though

Im gonna sit back a few days and see what happens

Hopefully he ships soon,

another thought is hes broke and needs to pay the shipping outa the sale ?

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Is it the hpi savage xl

Looks like he has never sold anything before so there will be a

21 day hold on the funds .

Message 15 of 17
latest reply

Yes thats the one, the other savage was only 3 hours away..2 days in the mail and i got a great deal on it.

Now im wondering how you found the xl ? ..since theres no feedback ither way on it lol

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

How to see what someone is bidding on or buying in the recent past.

eBay Advanced Search, select Items - Search by Bidder, put in your eBay ID, check off Completed listings and a list appears of what you bid on and purchased.

Message 17 of 17
latest reply