we are now followers on .ca as well

I see they got rid of saved sellers and we now are using followers as well. Still a bunch of garbage as can not leave notes about sellers any more. Another useless change for the worse to hurt everyone, buyers and sellers

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I also see on the My eBay page on the top far right a Shopping cart.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hello 'dutchman',

As I applaud your disdain for yet another infantile alteration ("Sellers you follow")

have you seen the Tell us what you think link on the right side of the page when you

are viewing (following?) your list?

Using it will of course amount to nothing, but still, if everyone else who finds this juvenile

nonsense to be useless if not infuriating used it, perhaps one day ebay will hire some grown-ups

to review these types of things.

No person who is mentally an adult would have come up with "Searches you follow" and

"Sellers you follow".  It's a kid, fresh out of college, with strong ties to the parental home

and who still sees himself very much as a kid in the world.  That 'Romper Room' style

presentation is appealing to him, so he thinks everyone will find it appealing.

"Saved sellers" was a perfectly apt description because there are many reasons why one

may add a user ID to that list.  Sure, some may be favourites we would like to buy from again,

but there will be just as many entries with notes attached reminding us why we must never

ever make the mistake of inadvertently buying from that person as long as we have an active

ebay account.  We're certainly not 'following' that seller  and would most likely rather get run over

by a forklift than use that Contact seller link or View seller's items which are now the only options

loudy available to us.

Perhaps ebay tech workers simply haven't enough to do.  Maybe that's it, -- too many tech

workers but not enough in Customer Support.

Just my opinion, of course.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I don't see a shopping cart on .ca

first thing I did was tell us what you think. They have this junk on .com for some time already and I personally think we are stuck with it so whoever did it does not get egg on their face or a pink slip

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

This "following" **bleep** was obviously thought up by some twit who spends far too much of their time on twitter and not enough in the real world. It's just eBay trying to be trendy and hip. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply