web-site hosting???

whoscloset
Community Member
Hi,

I recently registered my domain name with the intent of hosting my own pictures (in the short-term) and starting up a selling site (in the long-run). My current cable provider is telling me that to host my site I'm going to have to pay a minimum of $70.00 more a month than I am currently paying for my cable services!!!

Can anyone recommend a good host for a decent price?

Thanks,
Monique

Monique

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: web-site hosting???

mirakbiz_inc
Community Member
Email me and I'll give you the name of my host

I'm at a platinum level now with lots of bandwidth and 3 different websites and I only pay $24.00 Cdn a month

A simple account is a lot cheaper

I also have control over my email addresses (70)
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Monique,
If you have the technical skills, you can also do it yourself. That is what we do.

My son is the techie and while we use a cable internet connection, we host our own web sites and have the capability to host hindreds with unlimited email accounts (although we prefer not to). We are only paying for residential cable but we dont use them to host our sites.

You can also try domains@cost for about $15 - $19 per month (my son works with Momentus who owns them) and they are Canada's largest domain company.

Malcolm

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Malcolm,

I wish I knew that much about computers! As is usually the case, I'm completely self taught and am actually my family's computer guru. That's not saying too much, however! LOL

Monique

Monique

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

mirakbiz_inc
Community Member
Did you got my email Monique?
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Yes and thanks a bunch!!! I have already set-up with them. Their prices and service look great and I'm very happy that they are located in Canada. Gives me some level of comfort.

Thanks again for the help!
Monique

Monique

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

toshparts
Community Member
Ever checked www.1and1.com? I have about 7 domains with them and they are veryyyyyyyy cheap. Very good service too.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

serene-gems
Community Member
If you want to e-mail me, I'll give you the name of my host. I get unlimited bandwidth, and my domain name for $30US a YEAR.

Allison
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

cutecoins
Community Member
I have checked out "Auctionworks" looks really good but it is an over kill on what I need....I am looking for is a point to point program to keep track of GST, PST and monthly records, email form letters and addresses for packages, ok a sales slip would be nice too... The internet web hosting looks good but I have that covered...all the rest looks great in auctionworks but I only need a program to operate the business part of the ebay sales....any suggestions...
Jim B. from the Dee- Semi- Far- North ...
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

jack99
Community Member
Check out www.auctionsagesoftware.com for auction management and fatcow.com for hosting. I have used both for 2 or 3 years and am quite satisfied. Reasonable prices as well.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

foxcreekwares
Community Member
email me as well. I have my own webhosting that is up all the time. Are rates are supper low and everything like that...just thought I would help my fellow powersellers if possible.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply