what do I do if the seller wont email back and I need shpg details to Canada?

I have sent several emails to a seller, trying to purchase an item and no response. What should I do when I cant purchase it without shipping details to Canada from the UK specified? Can I contact ebay by phone?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

nothing ebay can do,maybe seller wont ship to canada,just forget about it and move on.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Apparently the seller does not want the transaction.

He does have up to 45 days to file a Claim for an Unpaid Item, but he would be required to give a shipping charge to win.

Move on. The purchase is not going to happen.

In future, do not bid unless you have a confirmed amount for shipping.

Sometimes this will mean messaging the Seller and getting a firm quote. Sometimes the seller will refuse to ship to Canada. Sometimes the seller will have Blocked enquiries.

If you bid without a confirmed shipping quote, the seller is allowed to charge you whatever he thinks is reasonable. And eBay will deem that you already agreed to that.

You could end up with a $5 item with $500. shipping.

Caveat emptor.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The time to ask questions about shipping is before bidding, not afterwards. As it now stands, the seller could charge excessive shipping and you would be obligated to pay or receive an unpaid item strike.

Normally you do not need an invoice to pay for item if shipping has been included but with this transaction, you will have to wait until you get an invoice with shipping. If the seller wants to get paid, they will send the invoice.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I looked at the 3 items you purchased recently and all three show shipping (one was free to Canada). If the item in question was not bid on, then don't worry about it. The seller is not obligated to respond and if a seller does not respond to your question, move on to the next seller.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply