what do you do when a seller agree to do a payment arrangements and then open a unpaid item case on

to me alot of these unpaid item cases are unfair to buyers when a seller agree to do a payment arrangements or are willing to wait for buyer payment then   they should give that buyer a chance instead of going behind a buyer back and file a unpaid item case on them couple days after the seller agree to do a payment arrangements or say they are willing to wait to me there is alot of selles are getting away with to much unpaid item cases leaving us buyers with bad records for no reason i wish there can be something done about this because there is alot of buyer that like doing payment arrangements but are getting stab in the back buy seller saying they agree and they lie to us 😞

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

what do you do when a seller agree to do a payment arrangements and then open a unpaid item case on

"doing payment arrangements"

What exactly and specifically do you mean by "doing payment arrangements"?

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

if i buy something  and my pay day not for another 5 to 7 days i ask the seller if they are willing to wait for payment that kind of payment arrangements most sellers are very nice and don't mind waiting at all and i always pay on the day i say i pay them but then you have these other seller say they agree but then lie to you and go ahead and open a unpaid item case and  never give you a chance what so ever. just saying there is some very nice understanding sellers out there and then there are some nasty sellers that agree then they go behind your back and lie to you and open a unpaid item case leaving a buyer a bad record after they agree doing  payment arrangements with you.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

"and go ahead and open a unpaid item case "

Please keep in mind that often the case is opened automatically, not as a result of a specific action taken by the seller.

"leaving a buyer a bad record "

Not really.  The system does allow you to arrange payments several days after receiving that notification from eBay.

As stated earlier, it would be easier to have the real picture here:

date seller agreed to wait

date of purchase

date you confirmed to seller expected date of payment

date of notification from eBay about non-payment

date case was closed.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

what i am trying to say a seller to agree with something shoud stay agreed to it and the seller should not open a unpaid item case to after that day the buyer says they are paying for the item.  all seller should work with the buyer with any kind of payment arrangements there is alot of low class families that do need that extra time to pay for stuff when they say they are willing to pay for it.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

This is what I found looking at the feedback you left for the seller:

seller does not like doing payment arangments and will leave negative feedback Seller:
 (Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999)
During past month

• Follow-up by d***t (13-Sep-15 07:55):
    i asked to pay on the 17th seller was not willing to wait 😞
    • Reply by  (13-Sep-15 11:18):
      NOT AFTER YOU WIN THE ITEM....AND A REPEAT NON PAYER!
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

when a unpaid item case is open automatically its not giving a buyer time at all lot of times its very unfair for buyers and some sellers that do agree with payment arrangements and are willing to wait  but also you have seller that can't wait and also say they will cancel your order and lie about open a unpaid item case then when you message that seller to ask why they did't send a request to cancel there excuse is i don't know how to send a request to cancel and 90% the time that seller lies about it because they want the buyer to have the bad record. im  just saying  there is alot of unfair things about the unpaid item case systems  ebay need to fix it to make it fair for the buyer as will as for the seller.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

90% of my feedback are good feedback because most all sellers are willing to wait and do a payment arrangements and 10% of my feedback are left by sellers agree to wait or do a payment arrangements but then lie about it and then leaves me a bad feedback and open a unpaid item cases alot of the sellers are unfair and do lie to buyers and i don't think that is right at all 😞

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

most seller are very nice will do a payment arrangements and are willing to wait and then there is seller that wont even give you a chance to do so. it sad for alot of us buyer that are on low income and only get a check maybe every two to three weeks but are very willing to pay for the item i thank god there is some nice seller out there that do understand and are always willing to work with the buyer and always willing to wait and do payment arrangements but then there is alot of sellers that don't even want to give a buyer a chance and they are  to busy reporting and doing unpaid item cases for no reason.  

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Please stop blaming sellers.

- You have the money you buy and pay.

- You do not have the money, you either wait until the money is available or make arrangements with a seller prior to purchasing the item with a clear understanding of the exact date when payment will be made.  This should be an exception, not a policy.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

i agree this is the way it should be 

As stated earlier, it would be easier to have the real picture here:

date seller agreed to wait

date of purchase

date you confirmed to seller expected date of payment

date of notification from eBay about non-payment

date case was closed.

so when a buyer and a seller both agree on a payment arrangements the seller has to stick with the agreement that means  no unpaid item case is open befor the agreement is up.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

thats what i been doing is making payment arrangements with the sellers. and like i said there is alot of nice sellers that are willing to do payment arrangements and then there is alot of sellers that wont do a payment arrangements or agree to do a payment arrangements and does not follow through i am a very nice person thats willing to work with all sellers but there is alot of sellers that won't work with buyers that are on a low income and there is alot of families on ebay are just like me and im a single mother. not all of us have a pay check handed to us every day.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

thats all i have to say the system needs to be set up so it is fair for all of us not just the sellers. specially when a seller agree to do payment arrangement the seller needs to stick to that agreement and stop leaving bad feedbacks for no reason and stop doing unpaid item cases for no reason.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

also these sellers that agree to cancel a order because they don't want to wait for payment  and say they will send you a request to cancel and instead they lie about it and  open a unpaid item case on you i think that is very unfair too.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

If you can't afford it today, don't buy it until you can afford it.

Don't buy it until you can afford it.

If you can't afford it today, back your Paypal account with a credit card.

Pay immediately.

If you pay off your credit card on payday, you will never pay interest.

If you can't qualify for a credit card, you can't afford it.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

"the system needs to be set up so it is fair for all of us not just the sellers."

Why would ebay set up a system for the 0.0001% of buyers who want to buy an item but don't have the funds?

Using an example you proposed earlier - person on the phone bidding...

What do you think the auctioneer would say when person bidding by phone says "but I can't pay until next week".

Dial-tone...

As stamps says - don't bid if you don't have the money.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

ok some people need to grow up and quit repeating there self we are not stupid ??????

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

thats what payment arrangement are used for if for buyers that are willing to pay but can't pay right a way i am always willing to pay just can't pay on the same day as item are bought im not the only one that has this problem out there and plus alot of items people like to buy sell fast so thats why alot of us low income buyesr like to do payment arrangements so we have a chance to buy the item how hard is it for seller to be nice to people that what is wrong with the world today there is to many  haters not enough nice people and that is very sad the world would be a better place if people just love one another.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

Sellers are here to make a living.

We can't wait around for payments because we have bills to pay too.

Banks are in the business of extending credit so you don't have to make the seller wait and hope you have enough money after you get paid to pay them.

Add a credit card to your Paypal account and your problem disappears.

You can pay off the card at your leisure. If you pay in full monthly there will be no interest even.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Would you accept (without warning) a three-week delay from the person who sends your paycheque?

Of course not, as it would throw your bill-payments, budget and financial planning into total disarray and, depending on exactly how much money you have to spare at any given time, result in bad credit, repossessions, disruption of utilities, and children left to starve. 

Sellers are not here for you to pay or not pay at your sole discretion. You can't buy first and ask second. If you don't have money, please don't bid on it. When you use buy-it-now to remove something from the marketplace, you are eliminating the possibility that other buyers can have it. That's unfair to everyone. 

Also, the word 'crafty' is one that has more than a single meaning and this is something that you might want to contemplate as it is part of the identifier that you use as your member ID on ebay.

craft·y
ˈkraftē/
adjective

1. 1
    clever at achieving one's aims by indirect or deceitful methods.
    "a crafty crook faked an injury to escape from prison"
    synonyms:cunningwily, guileful, artfuldeviousslytrickyschemingcalculatingdesigningsharpshrewdastutecannyMore

2. 2
    informal
    of, involving, or relating to the making of decorative objects and other things by hand.
    "a market full of crafty pots and interesting earrings"

Message 20 of 22
latest reply