what happens next?

kriky
Community Member
I have a buyer, who bought something back in December, never contacted me at all til last week, and it was only through paypal as a dispute. He is claiming non-receipt.(No other communication) Since then I have replied twice through paypal dispute, once to explain the situation, the second one stated that he needs to contact me so that I can help him. Very sweet and nice :-x Of course!
His response? Nadda
He has 4 feedbacks, no negs.
My parcel was sent AIR, so there is no tracking info.
My question is, what happens now? How long does the inquiry take? Can he escalate the claim?
Thanks so much in advance for any insight.

Kriky
Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

what happens next?

whoscloset
Community Member
Unfortunately, if you do not have tracking with a siggy, he will get his money back and you will be out of luck. :(
Monique

Himalayan Salt Lamps - A Guide to Purchasing

Monique

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

If you cannot provide tracking and proof of delivery you will lose the claim. if you lose Paypal will levy a charge (I think its $10) so you may be better off refunding before Paypal takes the money from your account. If you decide to refund, be sure you refund through the refund button on the original transaction.

You can file an insurance claim with CP - be sure to keep copies of all the Paypal documentation, as CP may ask you for it.

Good luck!
Ann
Message 3 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

whoscloset
Community Member
Didn't know PayPal charged you $10, Ann. Yuck!
Monique

Himalayan Salt Lamps - A Guide to Purchasing

Monique

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

u-deserv-it
Community Member
what the heck is the 10.00 charge for?!?!?

you gotta love those cx's who don't even bother contacting the seller before filing a claim?!?!? not that i've ever had one myself, but i've heard of them alot...and it seems to be true...buyers with a feedback score of 20 or less seem to be the worse complainers..
Kat
Message 5 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

jakeeangel
Community Member
I believe it's technically an admin fee from PayPal for doing the refund. In a way it's a punishment for not refunding the buyer or submitting tracking info yourself.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 6 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

u-deserv-it
Community Member
oh come on! what if there's no tracking info to submit with some of our lovely cp's services...but i guess that's the seller's choice to go with that service or not...

do they charge buyers an admin fee every time they bid and decide to not pay?

i've noticed tho with paypal shipping, you get a tracking number on every package no matter what the service...which is really nice..
Kat
Message 7 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

tobyshitzu
Community Member
Those aren't tracking numbers that will ever update that paypal spits out for small/light packet. Its just a number between you and canada post, like having a receipt.
Message 8 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

u-deserv-it
Community Member
..really..? how come when i tested one once under canada post tracking system, it actually works and gives me the tracking info??
Kat
Message 9 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

jakeeangel
Community Member
It depends on the service you used. There is NO tracking number for Small Packet services but there is for Expedited and Xpresspost.

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 10 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

kriky
Community Member
how long should I wait before refunding? It's been a week. But with no response I should refund anyway?

Thanks so much for your help. A little frustrating he went right to paypal without contacting me first 😞
Message 11 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

u-deserv-it
Community Member
what day in december did you send and where? actually...now that i'm thinking about it...i had a cx (long time ago) do the same thing to me..although he was a little aggressive as far as not wanting to wait...i think he filed a claim like two weeks after and it was sent ground to the states (we all know expedited=and this is pretty much normal most of the time)...anyways, paypal recognized this and didn't do anything for a while..and then he received his package and the claim was void...hopefully your package will turn up soon...although with air...it should have been delivered by now..
Kat
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

u-deserv-it
Community Member
...btw...a tracking number can be purchased for small packet if i can recall..right..i think for a dollar..?
Kat
Message 13 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

kriky
Community Member
December 10th, sent via small packet AIR. From Toronto to California.

I guess nothing stops them from getting the parcel and then claiming non-receipt? 😞
Message 14 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

treasure-pot
Community Member
No... tracking for small packets cannot be purchased for any amount.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 15 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

treasure-pot
Community Member
Kriky, have you looked at the buyers feedback received and given? Are there indications that this sort of "package gone astray" is a common occurance with them?

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 16 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

kriky
Community Member
Hi Bill,
No he has 4 feedbacks, all normal.
Thanks for your help
Kriky
Message 17 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

treasure-pot
Community Member
If shipped by Air on Dec 10th it should have been received by now. You may be hung out to dry on this one. Sorry for this unfortunate situation.

Bill treasure-pot

Bill

Message 18 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

Oh well exact same thing I just run into on small packet Air.

Contacted Paypal and advised. I told them I had no objection to the case remaining open, till I could process the insurance claim.

They did reply with a note that they could possibly leave the case open longer if necessary. I did advise them I suspected a false claim.

Canada post site says insurance claims are not paid without the particpation of the addressee. If the addressee does not fill out any declaration documents(if they send them at all for these claims) maybe the insurance could be denied?, or are they just going to accept the paypal chargeback as proof of lost package?
Message 19 of 36
latest reply

what happens next?

Note I will never ship any ebayer a package by small packet air again, trying to give faster service and keep buyer happy.

For now on they wait for expedited service even if it sometimes extends 3 weeks to a month!.
Message 20 of 36
latest reply