what should i do when i asked seller to cancel the order and seller did not want to cancel it?

ufazes
Community Member

what should i do when i asked  seller to cancel the order and seller did not want to cancel it?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

what should i do when i asked seller to cancel the order and seller did not want to cancel it?

Are you bidding or did you win?

If you are bidding you can Retract your bid. There are very few reasons, so just pick the one that most closely matches the truth.

The Retraction will show on your feedback page.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RetractBidShow

If you won, you can ask the seller for a Mutual Cancellation, telling him you do not want the item and that you will not pay for it. If he sends the request (sounds unlikely but ask) then agree immediately.

You will both be released from the transaction, he gets his fees back (upwards of 20%of the selling price so this will be important to him) and both of you can leave feedback. If he goes along with this leave postive or no feedback.

Because:

If he decides to open an Unpaid Item Dispute, if you do not pay you will get a Strike that will make it harder to bid on eBay in future because most sellers have automatic Blocks against bidders with UID Strikes. But if you only do this once, it will have little impact on your future bidding. Only once.

Neither you nor the seller will be able to leave feedback. He gets his fees back.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

After several times sending email to seller to retract a item and he never answered, I just tried the link you mentioned, but at the end it saying "orry, bidding for this item was closed on30-Mar-15 at 00:52:35 EDT. Bids cannot be retracted after the close of an auction". I send email to seller to retract this bill from the first moment I won (my son accidentally push the bottom!). Now what can I do?
Message 3 of 3
latest reply