when to go for dispute?

bbleila56
Community Member

In my purchase page on My E-bay it  shows I should go to resolution center after 30 days for item not received. Since the holidays are close, the mail could take longer and I am in no hurry. Can I still open dispute if I wait till 45 days?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

when to go for dispute?

Have you asked your seller for a tracking number ? I wouldn't wait any longer than 40 days. I would then file an item not received case. Just be sure to cancel the dispute if the item arrives during it. And of course, if you get a refund and then the item arrives, make sure that you repay the seller you bought from.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

when to go for dispute?

I wouldn't wait anymore than 43 days.

Paypal and ebay go by calander days right down to the minute.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

when to go for dispute?

windapp
Community Member

Read the polcy, but you will see that 45 days is just the time to open the dispute.  You then have 20 days to work it out with the seller, and you can escalate it within those 20 days.   No need to open a dispute until day 43 or day 44.  Just make sure you don't exceed the 45 days.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

when to go for dispute?

Don't wait until 45 days.  Open by day 43 at the latest.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

when to go for dispute?

Hello everyone. Just wanted to confirm that 45 days to launch a dispute is from the day I paid for my item?

Short story:

I paid April 2nd,seller marked as shipped April 4th. No tracking # was entered,just expected delivery between April 4th & April 24th. I messaged the seller April 26th to ask for a tracking #. He replied he was surprised I didn't have it yet & would look into it when he got home & get back to me as he didn't have the tracking # w/him. I replied to that message on April 28th after seeing he was busy renewing his expired ads  here & on another site. I asked if he made it home ok & if any updates & now I am here! I am in BC, he is in Ontario. I have never had a parcel via Canada Post regular parcel take longer than 7 days to travel 5 provinces in either direction. I don't want to dispute,just want my $300 parcel!

Thank you for reading!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply