why do sellers not send to PO Boxes when the item is PAID for..they don't make it clear as to why

I do not understand why sellers do not ship to po boxes when the item is paid for, then when you get the summary it gives you the option to cancel because of this and you aren't warned ahead of time, then when you do get the option to cancel it's to late they say you've bought the item but then you can't get it and they still want payment. This should be made clear before you purchase the item and it isn't clear, if i read everything on here I would never have time to buy anything. I'm a good costumer and I feel cheated when this happens, AND still don't understand why they can't mail a small item to the post office when item is already paid, it's not my fault we don't have mail men here, I'm very disappointed, I almost feel like I was scammed, and like I said I'm a good costumer here.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

why do sellers not send to PO Boxes when the item is PAID for..they don't make it clear as to why

Many sellers use couriers such as UPS or Fed-Ex and these are not allowed to deliver to post office boxes.  Only the postal service can do that.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

And then once some sellers start saying "no PO boxes'" other more ignorant sellers copy their Terms of Sale , even though they plan to ship by USPS/ Canada Post.

Shipping to a PO box is safer than any other system, since the box holder either has a key or has to claim his package at the PO counter with government issued photo ID.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I just remove my PO then buy ....UPS delivers to me not sure why not other PO boxes but they come to me .... i even have a UPS account and when I asked UPS about PO boxes they said they deliver ?? Could just be something about my location but that is how I have always done it and never had an issue...

Carrier sometimes Transfers it to Canada post too ...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply