why do you get neg feed back from ebay for undeliverd items

two item claims last christmass for no delivery or not recieved,why is it when canada post or us post or customs screw up or take things home or delivers to wrong address or whatever the case,you refund the money and ebay gives you item strikes another way to screw honest sellers out of discounts,or is there another reason id love to hear it,i cancelled a transaction to a buyer from germany because when i contacted him and told him shipping would be more,he never replied after 3 days i sent his money bck another strike against me from ebay for cancelling,,boy these guys on ebay are shrewd,im just guessing here lmao ebay goes outa there way to make sure you dont keep your top rated posisition,saves them money big time,ive noticed on many sellers feed bck there are such petty reasons buyer leave neg feed bck,and ebay likes this,like my last neg feed back i sent the wrong item by mistake,i sent an email to the person stating i may have made a mistake and to contact me when the item arived,no contact no reply just a neg feed bck,wow that one all but sunk me,i simple mistake i apoligized if id made a mistake in the email that was sent,nope neg,bloody shame whats going on here

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

White space and paragraphing are your friends.

So is proofreading for spelling and grammar.

EBay does not give negative feedback. Your buyers do that. They may also give low Detailed Seller Ratings for your performance.

EBay takes these, as well as Disputes and Claims, into consideration when deciding if you qualify for Top Rated Seller status.

TRS get certain discounts on fees. Also egoboo.

you refund the money and ebay gives you item strikes

No. If the seller refunds the dispute ends with no penalty*.  If eBay/Paypal refunds and then takes the money from the seller's account, there is a black mark on the seller's account.

like my last neg feed back i sent the wrong item by mistake,i sent an email to the person stating i may have made a mistake

You made a mistake. The buyer was unhappy with your mistake. Apparently you did not offer a refund to the buyer nor did you tell him that you were sending the correct item. You must accept the results of your mistakes.

*The new Defects policy started only this month, not last December.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

your dead wrong on all accounts,i sent an email to the person before they even recieved the item,i explained to them that i may have shipped the wrong item to them,and to let me know if i did so i could correct the problem,if in indeed there even was a problem?and ebay does give strikes against you for cancelling a transaction,the buyer was in the us and wanted the item shipped to germany,i sent him an envoice with the proper shipping to germany and never heard bck from him,and after 3 days i cancelled the transaction and i got a strike against me,contacted ebay and they said not to worry it dont mean anything,that transactionn gave me a defect of 1.56 percent in the us
Message 3 of 3
latest reply