why does a Buyer not have a clear dollar amount of import charges or how it is calculated? It is like paying shipping twice or thrice.

Recently purchased an item where the seller charged Import Charges.  Paid over twenty dollars in shipping, plus the item price, and then was charged another twenty some dollars for Import Charges. Not blaming Seller at all....but this new Import Charges fee added on to shipping makes me re-think Buying anything off of Ebay with this extra charge.  It is like paying double or triple what you intended to in the first place.  I would rather Buy from a seller who does not add Import Charges to their items.... and deal with taking the chances of customs or duties being charged to me at my door.

I may not Buy from Ebay any more as all the  fees just keep going up.  Next thing will be sales taxes...I  will just go to the local mall then.  Most Sellers are just selling like a "garage sale" or "used items".....why  is it becoming so complicated? I suppose for Ebay, and the Government to cash in.  Looks like Ebay is NOT going to be the place to go for deals anymore. Sad.....

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

why does a Buyer not have a clear dollar amount of import charges or how it is calculated? It is like paying shipping twice or thrice.

You can't see the import charges on ebay.ca but if you go to .com, you will be able to see them before you buy. Hopefully ebay will put that feature on .ca in the near future.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can't see the import charges on ebay.ca but if you go to .com, you will be able to see them before you buy. Hopefully ebay will put that feature on .ca in the near future.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

US sellers using ebay's Global Shipping Program...When viewing listings..in first section under shipping will see..import charges..to be provided at checkout.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Im with you on this one! Im totally put off from ebay now with these import charges up front! Import charges on a used item...really? It's not right. It should not be Ebay collecting import charges, leave it up to the country that the item is shipped too.

At the very most it should be up to the buyer if they choose to pay the ebay import charges up front, they should not be made to pay them. Ebay will loose a lot of buyers by implementaing these import charges.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply