why doesnt my tracking specify which 3rd party usps used to attempt delivery of my not received item

my tracking number both on ebay and on usps both state attempted delivery twice on friday, for which i was on my front lawn all day long and saw no one... i know we dont have a usps here in fort st john bc canada, but there is no information as to who usps (shipped from california usa) used as a 3rd party end courier for my item (special work shoes)... i have tried a million times to dial out to the american # i found on google for usps, but my tty service (i am hearing impaired) keeps telling me all operators are busy... i have tried using the usps website email us feature but it will only accept american addresses (mandatory address inclusion for an email? really?) and keeps redirecting me back to the email form page telling me to put in a valid american address... O M G... my item is here in town and i have no clue who has it!!!!! there is no canada post slip in my rural route mailbox in front of my rv park... went to dhl and to purolator and no one could help me there without their own unique tracking #... seriously?????? and usps has absolutely no way i can contact them from canada for crying out loud help anyone have a clue???

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

why doesnt my tracking specify which 3rd party usps used to attempt delivery of my not received item

The United States Postal Service passes their shipments on to Canada Post.

On Monday, go to your local PO.

The parcel will probably be there.

If you really were on your front lawn all day on Friday, not even going in for a bathroom break or lunch, it is quite possible that CP's subcontractor didn't even enter the RVpark. But he will turn in the parcels he did not deliver to the PO.

You won't necessarily need the delivery slip.You will need government issued picture ID.

Expect to be charged sales tax and the Canada Post service fee of $9. If the boots were not made in a NAFTA country, you may also have to pay duty.

If you have a Post Office (as opposed to a Postal Outlet in back of the drug store), ask to speak to the postmaster about the poor performance of the deliveryperson.

If this was a one off, the postmaster will just make a note, and perhaps speak to the contractor. If it is a continuing problem, it gives her more ammunition.

Some apartment buildings, gated communities and trailer parks restrict entry by delivery persons. Is it possible that this is part of the problem?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

oh me and my old man were out there, bathroom breaks were happening lol... no slip in the rural route mailbox from in front of the park was left... this isnt a gated community nor does it state restrictions for visitors, she had only to follow the driveway it is a regular street that gets deliveries from pizza and furniture and dhl and greyhound and and and .... and the old man is on his way back into town to hit both post offices yet again sigh... the postal service here is a joke, i am on one of many rural routes, and our addresses are in the format of "Station Maine RR.# Site # Comp #" .... and after that address many include on the next line "Non-Mail Physical Address: such and such and #"  like i do for door delivery... and CONSTANTLY i am receiving the right comp (which is the mailbox # itself) but the wrong site # meaning my letter is in and entirely different set of mailboxes somewhere over in but#$$%^ nowherehicksville country ... or i am getting the mail for someone who uses the same site of mailboxes, but instead of putting it in their comp box the mailwoman used their physical pad# address number sigh.... or i get someones totally different site and comp and pad #s mail altogether... or my favorite yet... MOST of the mail we receive out here, instead of going to say 34, instead goes into 43 ... or 24 instead of 42 ... there is no rhyme or reason to any of it... and before you ask it is always the same mailwoman... im positive shes dyslexic

ahhhh and while i write this and the old man is already gone on the long drive into town one of the other park residents (who incidentally has no matching #s anywhere in either her rural or physical address) got this in her mail... thank god we put our physical addresses on the next line after the rural one... canada post should be paying us for delivery shes in a walker and just had to walk across the entire park to deliver this by hand... like i said... our postal service is a freaking joke 😞

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

So this was a case of "mantelpiece mail"? An incorrectly delivered item (the delivery slip) that was eventually delivered by the neighbour who got it?

Very nice of her to struggle over to your place. Maybe you all should have your phone numbers on your mailboxes for convenient notification when this happens.Woman LOL

And it might be a good idea to mention the problem to the postmaster. She should know that her delivery staff is not properly trained and is making mistakes. If you have to make a second letter, cc it to your Member of Parliament. That copy won't even need  a stamp. The MPs address is House of Commons, Ottawa ON K1A 0A6.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply