why increasing limit is so hard?

yesterday, I give a call to eBay for increasing the limit. the staff said I have no good feedback so I can not increase the limit. But today, I got my first good feedback. and I give a other call to eBay. the staff said that I still can not increasing the limit because my good feedback is not enough. I do not know why increasing limit is so hard?

and i ask a question how to change the account to a formal business account with the 2200 item limit, the stuff said there is no formal business account. I am wonder why the eBay stuff even do not know the eBay rule.

speechless

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

One positive feedback does not a good seller make. You need much more feedback than that to prove you're not a scammer or that you know what you're doing. How would you handle non payers, item not received disputes or not as described disputes? These are things that experienced sellers will face from time to time. You need to get your feet wet before you can swim. You haven't gotten your feet wet yet. A seller with 2,200 item limit has been on ebay for more than 8 days. You just registered this month. You need to prove that you're worthy of a limit increase by not having any disputes filed against you. This is not done overnight. You have to be patient. Impatience will get you nowhere fast. In the past, new sellers either didn't have a limit or the limit was much higher than it is now. There were many disasters when the new seller was either a scammer listing a bunch of bogus, non existent products or a clueless seller who allowed themselves to be scammed by scam buyers who prey upon new selling selling expensive items such as cell phones, game consoles, cameras, laptops or other sought after items. Ebay sets these limits to protect both the buyers and sellers.
**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As part of learning how to be a good seller, do some buying. Not only will this give you more positive feedback, but more importantly, it will show you what your future buyers will be expecting from you.

Most new sellers come here with some background in buying on the site.

Other useful advice from multiple posts by multiple sellers:

Know what you sell; sell what you know.

If you are a plumber, sell plumbing parts. If you are a hairdresser, sell beauty supplies. You may be able to source these from the salesreps who come to your place of business.

Don't sell anything you don't have in your hands.

This includes both dropshipping (a mug's game) and selling for friends and relatives.

Markup is not the same as profit.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

ebay will increase limit automatically after 30 days of first sale,  every 90 days they will review status of your account (good standing). You can also provide business information to ebay staff -bussiess number, etc. but it will not necessarily help with selling limits. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply