5 months shipping???

Bought cologne for my husband from Russia on Oct 21. Shipped on Oct 23. Estimated shipping is Jan 21-Apr 15!!!
Can’t cancel or return.
I don’t understand how this is even legal anymore. I mean what if shipping said 2025??? I know that’s pushing it but is there no way to know it’s going to take 5 months to ship something before buying?
Never again eBay. Fool me once.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

5 months shipping???

delivery estimates show on the item page and checkout page before you complete the purchase, along with any other delivery options the seller is offering.

If not shipped, you can request to cancel from your purchases page, there's a drop down menu...

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

5 months shipping???

Good that you've learned from this experience.

Always check the shipping method before closing the deal. Is non air from a European country okay with you? If not then seek elsewhere.

Keep in mind it's an estimate. I had a non air from the UK that gave me an estimate of 3 months delivery. I received the item in two. I already knew what to expect when I made my purchase and was okay with that.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

5 months shipping???

While eBay gives you a window for delivery (based on the seller's information) and will not accept a Dispute until then,  you paid by Paypal?

Paypal allows Disputes to be filed immediately on payment and for 180 days thereafter.

The PP Resolution Centre is under Tools at the top of your PP account page.

The suggestion that you Contact the Seller is only a suggestion.

But you can ask the seller for the shipping service, the date of shipping and the tracking number.

Then stop talking to the seller (unless she refunds you immediately) and ask PP to step in, escalating to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove Delivery, you will be refunded.

If you bought with a credit card directly, use the card's chargeback service instead.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply