Bad sellers on ebay

I was all set to buy a laptop today but the seller is basically demanding a sale that oddly enough happens to be not that far away from where I live in scarbough however he stated it would take a week to receive ,I wasnt told this now hes being ignorant and making comments that are not called for the item was a lenovo laptop # T510 we agreed to upgrade for 250 not a bad deal but when I told him not to ship without heavy bubble wrap he ignored the question then started sending rude emails easy for ebay to check so now he is out a sale and I'm out a laptop so what is ebay going to do about it

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bad sellers on ebay

"and I'm out a laptop" you are not out "anything" you did not complete any purchase or transaction, lucky for both of you!

There are two sides to every tale...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Bad sellers on ebay

You should be thrilled you discovered this BEFORE you made the purchase!

Also, be careful about "upgrades" made outside the eBay transaction.  It's against eBay's policies and leaves you without protection if the deal goes badly.  If any additional items are agreed to the seller can quickly create a custom listing for you that will protect you and keep him compliant with eBay's policies.

Ian

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Bad sellers on ebay

Thanks this place needs to be removed from ebay sellers hopeful that they do just that we all have enough to worry about as it is this was totally unnecessary thanks for your help stay safe
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Bad sellers on ebay

"and I'm out a laptop" you are not out "anything" you did not complete any purchase or transaction, lucky for both of you!

There are two sides to every tale...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Bad sellers on ebay

Apparently someone forgot to tell this guy the rules totally unacceptable behavior
Thanks for your input greatly appreciated
Larry G
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Bad sellers on ebay

Yes there are but my emails wont have a problem identifying who was at fault and I had no problem buying another which I did thanks for your input
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Bad sellers on ebay

ms.ibm
Community Member

Been on for 15 years.

Ebay has lost their jump.

Bought a gold necklace for my ladies B-day before leaving on hunt trip.

I bought because it said delivery date Oct 28 (est), deal was...so..so.

I paid when I purchased Oct 20..I come out of bush on 26th, receive email(thinking (exp.post..tracking number!)...no...this guy trying to "up sell" me on a "wonderful pendant" and is holding my purchase..."as a favour...for this additional sale"!

Email him say "hey did you ship my purchase? He does not answer.

Finally after two more emails it is the evening of the 27 and he has made the call to have my parcel picked up...no tracking number(we all know why), I will leave this seller a suitable rating it will be a minus(I wish) for delivery practices!

Ebay you have to crack down on this holding purchases hostage to up sell another item.

129+ purchases on ebay...I can only think of one other bad seller and ebay did their best to rectify it.

My lady will not receive her b-day gift on time (and no amount of money can a second buy!) and I haven't even seen the "quality" of the item...for obvious reasons.

Bad SELLER

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Bad sellers on ebay

What window did eBay give you for delivery? Not the seller, eBay.

When the last estimated date for delivery passes you have 30 days to open an Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Ebay you have to crack down on this holding purchases hostage to up sell another item.

This is the first time I've ever heard of this particular scam, in over 20 years on eBay.

I agree whatever you receive it will not be what you paid for.

I'm not sure whether it is worth trying to open a Not Received dispute now, before the item is put into the mail stream.

One caveat- if it arrives while you have an open Dispute, do NOT refuse delivery.  Such shipments are considered undeliverable and the seller is not required to refund.

You can change the dispute from Not Received to Not As Described, however.

And - hindsight being 20/20- if you have a deadline, don't buy mail order from anybody.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply