Bidding Question

I have a question about the bidding process that has left me confused.  I understand proxy bidding, and also the possibility of missing out on a last minute bid because of internet speed and not getting recongized, but this particular situation has happened to me twice in the last month...

I've entered a max bid with 10 seconds left only to get a message that I've been outbid.  I would understand if this was a proxy bidding situation, but when I check what the item sold for it is far less than the bid I submitted.

Example: Tonight I bid $503 on an item.  I got a message that I was outbid and it gave me the option of raising the bid for less $ then I submitted.  Then I see the item sold for $146?  If this was a proxy bid wouldn't the buyer have to pay at least $503.01?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Bidding Question

My first thought is that your bid took too long to process and was not used at all.

Doesn't sound right though since eBay had enough time to tell you to raise it.

Second thought is that you typed $53 instead of $503.

Can you show the bidding with times?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Bidding Question

@femmefan1946 wrote:

My first thought is that your bid took too long to process and was not used at all.

Doesn't sound right though since eBay had enough time to tell you to raise it.

Second thought is that you typed $53 instead of $503.

Can you show the bidding with times?

It's more likely something similar to the issues in the listing form, where things like to disappear randomly while you're entering them. eBay has been behaving really strangely for me over the last 2 weeks, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply