Buyed may 5th with expected delivery in middle of july so UNABLE to leave feedback.. new china scam?

proalexe
Community Member

I am wondering if i just found a new china scam.

did buy a bunch of stuff from different (well supposed to be different) sellers on the 5th of may.

Most of them have delivery due for this week and next week and i just found that ebay allow feedback only for 60 days and less purchases...
i also found that all thoses sellers who have that delivery date for this week and next one are all shipping with the same ''carrier'' from wich i never received anything i ordered in the past (Sunyou) 

so i feel that customers are getting scammed in that way. shippers use a carrier who never deliver with delivery dates out of the ''ebay standarts'' for leaving feedback.
so thoses sellers dont get bad feedback as you wont leave a feedback until you either received the item or past the due delivery date.

So do i also have lost the 60days money back guarrantee from ebay at same time and just lost a few dozen of dollars ? if yes. this is the last time i ever buy anything on this website .

funniest is that if i had knew this would have been shipped by sunyou, i would NEVER have ordered. but there is no way to know and even when you ask sellers with who they ship, the always avoid the question even when they ship with china post

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buyed may 5th with expected delivery in middle of july so UNABLE to leave feedback.. new china scam?

and i just found that ebay allow feedback only for 60 days and less purchases...

Feedback is voluntary. Less than 40% of transactions ever receive any FB, and this has been true basically since eBay began back in the 20th century.

More important, eBay does not use FB to assess seller accounts.

That is the job of the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

As others have said, the Money Back Guarantee begins with that last estimated delivery date eBay has given you.

If you don't receive your purchases by then, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute.

(Normally your first step would be to Contact the Seller, but in these cases I doubt that would do any good. All you want from the seller is a tracking number or a refund. And you have the tracking number.)

Ask eBay to step in if the purchases don't arrive by the deadline.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Feedback is useful to buyers because it gives an idea of how the transaction went.

• Don't buy from a seller with less than 98% positive feedback. With Asian sellers, that should be 99%.
  • Read the negative and neutral FB for patterns of slow delivery, poor communication, low quality, possibly counterfeits.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The money back guarantee can be used for up to 30 days after the last estimated delivery date. For example, if your purchase was estimated to be here between July 10 and August 5, you can put in a claim for up to 30 days after August 5 th.  You are correct though that you can’t leave feedback after 60 days past the purchase date. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

No such thing as a new scam, just old ones recycled.

SUNYOU is a freight consolidator company for one of the regions of China. The cheapest service is very slow (sent via ship once one of their shipping containers is full).

eBay's guarantee is for the 30 days starting when the delivery deadline has been reached.

If you used paypal you also protection for 180 days from time of purchase.

If used a credit card, some of those also have protection (check the card's details).

60 day limit on feedback has been that way since ebay started.  It really should be longer.

Scammers will do things like providing fake tracking numbers and never shipping anything (in hopes the buyer will forget about the order until too late to get the money back).

If the seller can't tell you how they are shipping, they might be dropshipping (and having someone else do the work), they might have a language problem (which is not a good sign). So best to avoid.

My general rule for any seller (not just China) is if the delivery time is longer than 60 days then buy from another seller.

-..-

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

and i just found that ebay allow feedback only for 60 days and less purchases...

Feedback is voluntary. Less than 40% of transactions ever receive any FB, and this has been true basically since eBay began back in the 20th century.

More important, eBay does not use FB to assess seller accounts.

That is the job of the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

As others have said, the Money Back Guarantee begins with that last estimated delivery date eBay has given you.

If you don't receive your purchases by then, you can open an Item Not Received Dispute.

(Normally your first step would be to Contact the Seller, but in these cases I doubt that would do any good. All you want from the seller is a tracking number or a refund. And you have the tracking number.)

Ask eBay to step in if the purchases don't arrive by the deadline.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Feedback is useful to buyers because it gives an idea of how the transaction went.

• Don't buy from a seller with less than 98% positive feedback. With Asian sellers, that should be 99%.
  • Read the negative and neutral FB for patterns of slow delivery, poor communication, low quality, possibly counterfeits.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

That is not really a scam or anything new.  Buying from China does take a lot longer than you might think it should.   What can be fun is if you order 3 things, they might come at 3 separate times spread out over a month or two.

The real "feedback" scam I have seen in our own back yard is more devious than what you are seeing on your China order. 

* Last year in early Sept. I ordered somethings from a seller in Vancouver.   The eBay rating said "Top Rated Seller", so figured "OK".  But after more than a month it still wasn't showing in eBay as "shipped" and had an estimated delivery in November.  (oh oh, eh?)   ((PS - can't leave a negative feedback until after the estimated delivery date which was more than 2 months from date of purchase))  

So end of October rolls around, not getting anywhere asking for updates on when it will ship.  Finally it shows in eBay as shipped, and he messages me to be patient as there was mail delays on October.   (Ok, maybe)

Now end of November only 1 of 3 items arrive.  Problem...  It is past the date I can file a claim with eBay and is even too late to to enter Feedback (neg or pos).   So I can't give him a negative rating.  No wonder he was listed as a "top rated seller", he figured out how to make it impossible for people to enter a negative response.  Have the estimated delivery date out around the end of the eBay repose time, and by the time you want to file a compliant it is too late, the window is closed.  😞   

PPS - I live in Ontario, and I had ordered other items from a different eBay seller in Vancouver that same week, and they delivered in 5 days.  Even items I ordered in October during the "Mail Disruption" came in a little more than a week.   So never got a answer from this 1 seller as to why he needed 3 months.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

thanks to everyone for the replies, it was very educative for me. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

early Sept. I ordered somethings...had an estimated delivery in November...end of October rolls around, not getting anywhere asking for updates on when it will ship. ... end of November only 1 of 3 items arrive. Problem... It is past the date I can file a claim with eBay

No.

You had 30 days from the last estimated date for delivery to open a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

can't leave a negative feedback until after the estimated delivery date which was more than 2 months from date of purchase

No.

You can leave feedback for 60 days after purchase.

Which in your case would end in late October.

It is entirely possible to leave feedback when you pay, or when the purchase is marked Shipped, or when it is delivered.  Up to you, but most buyers want to receive and inspect the purchase before commenting in feedback.

So never got a answer from this 1 seller as to why he needed 3 months.

Overseas sellers often use the cheapest mail service, which tends to be Surface.

And Surface takes months.

It sounds as if your seller was only pretending to be in Vancouver, which is a Violation.

Feedback and Disputes/Claims are very different things.

FB is voluntary and is used to tell future buyers how the transaction went.

• Look for 99% positive feedback (99% for overseas sellers)
  • Read the negs and neutrals for patterns like slow delivery, poor quality, no communication.

EBay does not use Feedback to assess sellers.

The Resolution Centre allows members to mediate problems.

EBay allows the seller to set his "handling time" and then extrapolates a delivery window.

• Disputes can not be opened until the last estimate delivery date passes.
  • Disputes can be opened during the 30 days after that date.

You missed both those deadlines.

Paypal allows 180 days from Payment for Disputes . Yes, even if the purchase was made yesterday.

You've missed that deadline too.

In addition, by backing your PP account with a credit card, you may be able to make a chargeback claim. Card policies differ.

In my years of mail order selling, it takes about 20 days for delivery anywhere in North America.

And about 30 days from Asia.

If the delivery period is longer than that, don't buy.

Also, tracking is a Seller Protection.

To win an Item Not Received Dispute, the seller must prove delivery (not shipping, delivery).

If he can't, you will be refunded.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

for me dont  expect any thing from wish ,com it is a subsidiaries of ebay and you cant found out where the 3rd party is it where shipped from and all of ev=bay product don't have anything stocked in there ware house  it's shipped everywhere else  so that is why i quit shopping at eBay and also that i got a rude comment by them stating that i   ordered something from them an which i didn't ,and they said back to me you order this stuff and you give Ebay a bad reputation

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wish_(company)

wish ,com it is a subsidiaries of ebay

No. It is not.

all of ev=bay product don't have anything stocked in there ware house

EBay is not a merchant, it is an advertising venue with millions of independent sellers.

you cant found out where the 3rd party is i

EBay insists that sellers put the location of the product on the listing, and the location of the seller on the feedback page. These may not match.

i got a rude comment by them stating that i ordered something from them an which i didn't ,and they said back to me you order this stuff and you give Ebay a bad reputation

That sounds as if your eBay account was hacked, or more likely used by someone in your household who has your passwords.

Change those passwords, and any others to foil the scammer.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply