Buyer's ethics

Hi, 

This is my first time posting and I have a few things weighing on my mind after reviewing a few dozen posts.

I have recently made my first online purchase and patiently waited until the Estimated Date of Delivery before taking action. I'd contacted the seller two days ago and asked for a refund as I have waited two months and was refunded the day after with no reply. I was also given a tracking code in which I saw the seller did, in fact, send the package the day after I'd made my purchase. The only problem being that it has been stuck "In Transit" with no update as of Nov. 26 with another Estimated Date of Delivery ranging from the 25th of February to the 17th of March... 

I'm just a little bother because I've already waited so long and now that I'll have to wait even longer. I bought the item as a present and I'm losing both my trust in online purchases and my morals. I have read that paying back the buyer when the item is received is the right thing to do, but waiting 4 or more months is excruciating when my hopes were set at 1 or at most 2. 

Thanks

P.S. the item bought cost around 5$ and was purchased on the 24th of Nov, from a seller in China with Economy Shipping from outside Canada 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Buyer's ethics

I was also given a tracking code in which I saw the seller did, in fact, send the package the day after I'd made my purchase. The only problem being that it has been stuck "In Transit" with no update as of Nov. 26

I'm going to be a little easier on the seller than others.

He did ship. He did track. And the 'stuck in transit' is not his fault.*

Once he was told of the problem, he refunded without argument.

I'm not even going to grouse about the lack of communication. His grasp of English may be poor to non-existant.

Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the Mounties have been cooperating to stop the flow of fentanyl into Canada from China. The drug has killed 1200 Canadians here in BC so far in 2018.

This has meant that parcels from China have been held up while inspections continue.

In addition, the Universal Postal Union finally forced China Post to start charging reasonable fees for international shipping. The successful tactic was that Western postal systems put their lowest priority on parcels from China.

When your purchase does show up, you can return the refund by using Paypal's Send Money service.

And as a tracked item it probably will turn up eventually.

*It is his responsibility, since you paid him to get your purchase to you, but his sub-contractor (the postal system?) let him down.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Buyer's ethics

I'm sorry to hear this experience did not meet your expectations. If you want one more positive with quicker shipping and faster delivery, choose a seller within North America. You get what you pay for, no more and no less. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Buyer's ethics

izzame
Community Member
If it's any help, my son did the same thing, purchased about a week before you did. He endured weekly lectures from me until yesterday when it arrived. Had the attitude, it was only $8.00 free shipping, which brought on a harsher lecture from me. There is still hope. I won't share my lectures, but to avoid this stress, same advise, really try to stick to N. America purchases and if possible support Canadian sellers.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Buyer's ethics

Yes, for $8 I cannot even as a seller ship an empty package across the street. Never mind put something into it. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Buyer's ethics

I was also given a tracking code in which I saw the seller did, in fact, send the package the day after I'd made my purchase. The only problem being that it has been stuck "In Transit" with no update as of Nov. 26

I'm going to be a little easier on the seller than others.

He did ship. He did track. And the 'stuck in transit' is not his fault.*

Once he was told of the problem, he refunded without argument.

I'm not even going to grouse about the lack of communication. His grasp of English may be poor to non-existant.

Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the Mounties have been cooperating to stop the flow of fentanyl into Canada from China. The drug has killed 1200 Canadians here in BC so far in 2018.

This has meant that parcels from China have been held up while inspections continue.

In addition, the Universal Postal Union finally forced China Post to start charging reasonable fees for international shipping. The successful tactic was that Western postal systems put their lowest priority on parcels from China.

When your purchase does show up, you can return the refund by using Paypal's Send Money service.

And as a tracked item it probably will turn up eventually.

*It is his responsibility, since you paid him to get your purchase to you, but his sub-contractor (the postal system?) let him down.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply