Canada Post (CP) Taking Forever to Deliver from China?

Just received an item from China, was ordered nov20!! Tracking shows arrival in Canada dec 7(no tracking beyond this point) so CP took 4 months to deliver! This is happening all the time now- 2,3,4 months delivery. Up until 6 months ago items from China would arrive 3-5 weeks like clockwork. Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Please see the many other threads from buyers like you on the "Buyer Central" board. A lot of discussion has occurred regarding the issue. In summary:

Chinese sellers tend to use cheaper surface shipping, which takes weeks or even months just to get to Canada, and on top of that, Canadian Customs has had to recently crack down on Chinese shipments due to the prevalence of fentanyl being smuggled in through the mail, a highly toxic drug which has been causing a significant number of deaths in Canada recently. This has led to tremendous delays (as you have experienced).
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Like i indicated on the other threads you started and/or commented on this topic, it's a chronic problem as of late. It's not about mail processing, it's about Customs inspection. Google the search term 'Chinese Mail Fentanyl' and you'll see the cause.

Lettermail from China now has to be inspected by incoming Canadian Customs for toxic illicit drugs being smuggled into Canada by Chinese drug cookers. Fentanyl is killing Canadian habitual and recreational drug users in record numbers. Two grains the size of table salt granules is enough to kill people and it's making its way into even street pot. First responders run the risk of dying when they are accidentally exposed to it while answering crisis calls. 

It's a major, major problem that supersedes the inconvenience of online shopping package delivery delays. I would suggest that until this problem is fixed, you shop from sellers in North America. You mentioned you're a drop-shipper? You will want to workaround shipping to Canada from China, or instruct your suppliers to do something about it. 

Here's two articles to get you started. You don't even have to research them yourself, just read.  

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/how-fentanyl-is-getting-through-canadas-border/article2... 

And a piece in greater detail: 

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/investigations/a-killer-high-how-canada-got-addicted-tofentanyl/...

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do the customs actually open them to inspect them?  I doubt it.  I received my packages from China, Hong Kong, Thailand, NOT ONE was opened to be inspected!!   Those sellers are using customs as an excuse for mail delivery.  Something wrong with the pictures.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If Customs opens a parcel to inspect its contents, it is marked as such and resealed.

If Customs scans a package or submits it to analysis without opening it, you don't get a notice of that.

Does that clarify it? 

For more, read here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/menu-eng.html

Message 5 of 5
latest reply