Canada Post: Shipments from and within Canada could be delayed

I've seen one package that took 12 DAYS to go from Toronto to  a Toronto suburb.  But mostly, I presume this will also apply to packages shipped to America and Western Europe.  From BBC website:

Stuck at home amid the virus outbreak, many Canadians are taking their shopping online. Canada Post says it is processing and delivering parcels at levels only experienced during the busiest weeks of the Christmas season.

On Monday, the national postal service delivered more than 1.8 million parcels to Canadians.

It is now warning of delays as the surge in demand collides with new safety measures meant to maintain social distancing within processing facilities.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I sent a shipment on April 13  and got a message from the customer April 22 that it had been received. Shipped at 3pm from Vancouver Island to Toronto.

Eight business days which is pretty normal in my experience.
I don't get many thank yous from US customers and don't keep a close enough eye on FB to know when it arrives. I do put dates into my FB Left for customers.

I've seen a surge in orders too, actually checking on that shipping date for this post made the surge more evident. I've been mailing a lot of stuff this past month.

We got deliveries on Sundays two weeks in a row, as well.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I think that may be the exception more than the rule. Ask me how I know? 🙂
Message 3 of 3
latest reply