Canada Post says that my envelope with Tracking seems to be in the Twilight Zone

I am having problems with Canada Post a seller in California who charged me $20.00 Canadian and used the eBay label which I verified with him had my correct address on it, seems to be in the twilight zone.

This envelope seems to have run into problems when it reached Ottawa, Ontario, Canada its destination and according to tracking this is what is happening according to them:

April 30 - 8:49am Item re-routed due to processing error; Possible delay.

April 30 - 11:19am Item processed, Ottawa, On

April 30 - 1:34pm Item out for delivery

April 30 - 5:50pm Verifying recipients address; Possible delay, Ottawa, On

I questioned the seller and he provided me with the address that he used and it is my address, so I do not know why Canada Post is having such problems delivering this item?

I do not want this item returned as I already paid as I mentioned earlier some $20.00 Canadian to have it shipped to me with tracking.

Tracking no. is LZ366375792US

Help!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Canada Post says that my envelope with Tracking seems to be in the Twilight Zone

You're in the Ottawa area? (because-- 613)

The terminal is on high enough ground that that shouldn't be a problem, but there might be flooding nearer to you.
Or they might be shortstaffed because people can't get to work.

All that detail looks worrisome until you realize it's all on the same day.

Maybe your shipment slipped into the wrong carrier's sort bin.

Tomorrow is another day.

And the river is supposed to reach its peak then.

Have you seen those drone videos of the Chaudiere? Holey Moley , it's really earning its name, eh?

I used to work at Terrasses. Went over the bridge every day.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You're in the Ottawa area? (because-- 613)

The terminal is on high enough ground that that shouldn't be a problem, but there might be flooding nearer to you.
Or they might be shortstaffed because people can't get to work.

All that detail looks worrisome until you realize it's all on the same day.

Maybe your shipment slipped into the wrong carrier's sort bin.

Tomorrow is another day.

And the river is supposed to reach its peak then.

Have you seen those drone videos of the Chaudiere? Holey Moley , it's really earning its name, eh?

I used to work at Terrasses. Went over the bridge every day.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hello I am in the Ottawa area but nowhere the flood zone, so that cannot be the problem.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

This is for reallynicestamps, your explanation is plausible but does not explain why they have to verify the address, if the address is on the envelope it should not be that hard to deliver when they tried at 5:50pm?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@stanley613 wrote:

This is for reallynicestamps, your explanation is plausible but does not explain why they have to verify the address, if the address is on the envelope it should not be that hard to deliver when they tried at 5:50pm?

5:50pm note implies the item has been received back at the depot and needs someone to take a look and see what the problem is (missorted, damaged label, etc). All those messages are "general" descriptions and are not specific to your envelope.

Flooding updates:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/announcements/details.page?article=2019/04/25/important_infor...

Canada Post phone support:

1-866-607-6301

Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. – 11 p.m. ET

Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. ET

-..-

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi:

If you read what Canada Post says the item was out for delivery at 1:34pm, if it is out for delivery it could not mean that it is back at their office to see whether the label or whatever on the envelope is correct or not?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@stanley613 wrote:

If you read what Canada Post says the item was out for delivery at 1:34pm, if it is out for delivery it could not mean that it is back at their office to see whether the label or whatever on the envelope is correct or not?

The 1:34pm entry just means the item was checked and the delivery person decided it was not deliverable (perhaps on the wrong route or some other problem).

Undelivered stuff comes back off the route at end of day (5:50pm). It is not still being carried around.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Just got a hold of Canada Post and they hummed and hawed and told me again it was a label issue and they do not know if this item is going to be delivered or send back to the person who sent it.  They said that address was done electronically and they added that the seller may have given the correct address but it was not listed as such.  What a bunch of red tape, typical Government I worked for them for 35 years and things have not changed.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

We see reports from time to time of printed labels that leave out important information.

Apartment numbers being the most common, and PO box numbers.

What happens is the seller did not notice that part of the address was missing, sent it off, it got to the Ottawa plant and a human being finally read it and realized there was a problem.

The guy on the phone in Mirimachi (well, they used to be in New Brunswick) doesn't have your item in front of him so he has to hum and haw.

There's a pretty good chance your carrier will deliver it today. If you are going to be out, why not leave a post-it on your door or mailbox, letting him know you have a tracked item that is giving some problems. Included the tracking number.  It may clear up his own little mystery.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

According to the CP website it was delivered today at noon. Did you receive it?

It is really common for an item to be scanned out for delivery one day and then not delivered until a day or two later.  I find it is best not to check tracking at all until the package is a few days late because of notes like that that in the tracking...it's less stress not too look. 🙂

Message 10 of 10
latest reply