Canada post backlog and buying from US sellers using GSP

Hi,

I was just wondering if we are currently able to buy items from US sellers who use the GSP with regards to Canada Post asking other countries to stop mail from entering into Canada? Would the package just maybe stay in or somewhere near the global shipping center until the backlog's cleared?

I'm mainly worried that the seller would go to the post office and be unable to at least mail the parcel to the global shipping center, causing it to be a inconvenience and being upset about it.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With GSP what happens is your seller ships to the plant in Kentucky-- by USPS or whatever.

There her responsibility ends.

GSP does not ship to Canada by USPS. GSP is NOT part of the mailstream.

Once in Canada, GSP has been transferring mostly* to Canada Post.

BUT

GSP also is using tracked shipping.

And apparently tracked parcels are being moved first-- before LetterMail and untracked parcels (mostly from Asia).

I'd still allow three weeks from your seller to your doorstep though.

*We'v seen reports of CanPar and FedEx delivering GSP shipments in the past. The reports were more like complaints, but that's normal. We don't hear about transactions that go smoothly.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

With GSP what happens is your seller ships to the plant in Kentucky-- by USPS or whatever.

There her responsibility ends.

GSP does not ship to Canada by USPS. GSP is NOT part of the mailstream.

Once in Canada, GSP has been transferring mostly* to Canada Post.

BUT

GSP also is using tracked shipping.

And apparently tracked parcels are being moved first-- before LetterMail and untracked parcels (mostly from Asia).

I'd still allow three weeks from your seller to your doorstep though.

*We'v seen reports of CanPar and FedEx delivering GSP shipments in the past. The reports were more like complaints, but that's normal. We don't hear about transactions that go smoothly.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply