Contact seller for shipping options

drau8226
Community Member

Hello, I'm unfortunately having issues completing a purchase I've committed to buying and I cannot cancel the order. When I go to pay for the item it states that this item doesnt ship to my country even though on the listing it clearly states it ships to canada. 

I have tried contacting the seller and it's been over 24 hours and they have not yet replied to me and I'm getting emails from Ebay saying I need to pay now and I literally cant until said seller corrects this error. 

I would love to purchase the item and I'm not trying to avoid paying for it but I cant even call Ebay's support staff anymore to get this resolved. I have no idea what to do at this point. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is there no shipping cost to Canada stated in the listing?   If that’s the case all you can do is wait fir the seller to send you an invoice with a shipping g cost so that you can pay.  If you do end up receiving an unpaid item mark you should be able to get ebay to take it off.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Is there no shipping cost to Canada stated in the listing?   If that’s the case all you can do is wait fir the seller to send you an invoice with a shipping g cost so that you can pay.  If you do end up receiving an unpaid item mark you should be able to get ebay to take it off.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

As you can see in the shipping information there was no listed cost of shipping unfortunately. 

I've already gotten frustrated and messaged them to cancel the order because after fully checking the seller's recent negative feed back I've been seeing a lot of customers reporting that they the seller has very poor or no communication or those who were able to order had gotten items like mine that had faults that were not listed and I didnt see that until I went back a full month. He has a 97.2 score and I've never had issues with such ratings when they sell a lot of items. But it's made me not want to proceed with the purchase. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Any score under 98% is questionable.

Any score under 99% for an Asian seller (or a seller of really really cheap goods) is questionable.

To be fair, the negs and neutrals should be read.  Sometimes it's just one or two difficult customers for a lowFB newbie.

But you have to look for a pattern of non-delivery, poor quality, bad packaging, or poor communication.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yeah I usually do check, it was the only item I could find in the appropriate price range and the moment I saw it I gunned for it so I could repair my laptop. One of those too good to be true moments.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It’s always a risk to commit to buy an item when there is no shipping cost listed as you have no idea if the shipping cost will be realistic or if they are going to use a method such as UPS with high brokerage fees.  

You can always message the seller for a quote before committing to buy and if they didn’t reply, you probably wouldn’t have wanted to deal with anyway.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I have had the same problem and ebay was no help. Ebay said contact the seller to fix the problem. Seller canceled the sale without even trying to fix. Buyer beware !!
Message 7 of 7
latest reply