Contacting Seller directly by Phone

If a Seller does not respond to messages after an item has been delivered, is it against the rules to contact them directly by phone even if the Seller has opted not to share their phone number on EBay ? In this instance, I can easily find the Seller's phone number from a Canada 411 (Yellow Pages also) search using the 'From' name and address printed on the parcel. I don't especially want to escalate the issue to Ebay at this point. I just want to know if the Seller has, for any reason, missed my messages (seems unlikely) and if they are intending to respond or not. The downside of course is that any phone conversation that ensues will not be on record should I escalate the matter.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shouldn't be a problem, but I doubt it will help much with an unresponsive seller.

The eBay Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Opening a Dispute will catch the seller's attention.

You have 30 days from delivery to open a Dispute, and another 20(?) to settle the problem.

Stick to the system.

It works.

Mind you, a phone call from an unhappy customer, more or less out of the blue, may remind the recalcitrant seller, that he is not anonymous.

Mwah hah hah ha ha.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Shouldn't be a problem, but I doubt it will help much with an unresponsive seller.

The eBay Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Opening a Dispute will catch the seller's attention.

You have 30 days from delivery to open a Dispute, and another 20(?) to settle the problem.

Stick to the system.

It works.

Mind you, a phone call from an unhappy customer, more or less out of the blue, may remind the recalcitrant seller, that he is not anonymous.

Mwah hah hah ha ha.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for the advice.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply