Copyrighted artwork is sold on ebay against the artist's will. Please help

hugegg0
Community Member

Hello, 

Firstly I want to apologize in advance if there's any mistake in my post, for my English skill isn't too good, thus I'm not very sure how it works here on ebay.  

I came here to inform you all that this item is a STOLEN scanlation of a copyrighted artwork from the artist MACKMAC.

>>Here is the proof: On her Deviantart page [Link], and on her Pixiv page [Link]. You can see her mark at the lower right corner of the artwork.

This is her recent journal entry about the matter: [Link]

The artist never sells her works on ebay, as well as never permits anyone to sell them. And not just one listing, this item is listed by many sellers on ebay. These are some that I've seen and reported: (including the one at the top)

If you like the artwork, please support the artist, instead of feeding thieves by buying stolen stuffs.

And it'll be very much appreciated if you can help report those kinds of listings when you see them.

Thank you very much for reading this.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It is up to the rights holder to join the VERO program and report the listings to eBay.

eBay is not going to accept copyright infringement reports from third parties

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/programs-vero-ov.html

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Reporting Intellectual Property Infringements (VeRO)

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/tp/vero-rights-owner.html

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thank you, I'll tell her about it.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

nm

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ah, okay. He is stealing. Idiot. I will report it if I see any. Who would buy from him anyway? Isn't he essentially printing these and sending them out?

I reported his other listing.

Here is the description (he is printing them out) Smiley Frustrated

We use HP(Hewlett-Packard) High Quality Professional Photo printing technology based on 6-colors that reflect all 16 millions color variations.

All posters are printed on high accuracy Professional inject printer and high quality material . 
All posters are ROLLED and placed in a sturdy cardboard mailing tube for delivery.
100% Brand New & save!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thank you very much for your help.

But if it's as karl*katz said above, for now I can only encourage MACKMAC to send the report herself, which is also a problem for her meek personality ;( 

Nonetheless by any means I really hope to do as much as I can to warn people against buying those stolen things...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply