Devon - A question about the new eBay International Shipping Program that is replacing the GSP.

devon@ebay 

Hi Devon,

If the cart was used and items were paid for at one time, the gsp did combine the international shipping cost.  The new eBay international shipping program does have a combined shipping cost if items are multiples from the same listing but if I order 3 items from 3 different listings it charges the full shipping cost of each item. As a buyer, that is a definite turn off and discourages multiple purchases.  Will they be considering combined shipping for multiple purchases in the future?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Devon - A question about the new eBay International Shipping Program that is replacing the GSP.

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

devon@ebay 

Hi Devon,

If the cart was used and items were paid for at one time, the gsp did combine the international shipping cost.  The new eBay international shipping program does have a combined shipping cost if items are multiples from the same listing but if I order 3 items from 3 different listings it charges the full shipping cost of each item. As a buyer, that is a definite turn off and discourages multiple purchases.  Will they be considering combined shipping for multiple purchases in the future?

Hi @pjcdn2005! Thank you for bringing this up! I know as the rollout for the new international shipping program continues, the team is looking at all aspects of it including the scenario you mentioned above with combine shipping. I will get this feedback passed along and will keep you updated as more features rollout. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 

I'm confused, because I've read the exact opposite on another forum (the GSP did NOT combine shipping for separate listings in your cart, but the new International Shipping program does). Is this documented somewhere that I can reference?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@teenytrinkets 

I've provided a link below from one of the help pages but it's easy to test yourself too. Just put a few items in your cart from a seller that is using the program. Then if you go to your cart you will see if shipping is being combined or not. The last time I checked EIS charged full shipping cost for each item.  Then just delete the items from your cart.  Note:  if the seller is willing to, they can make a separate listing with all items for you so that shipping is combined.

If you use the cart the gsp combines the international shipping cost and the import fees and has been doing that for years.   But it has never combined the domestic portion that the seller is charging and the seller can not change that.

eBay international Shipping
'Keep in mind that you currently can't use combined shipping for items shipped through this program."

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/ebay-international-shippin...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply