Did not receive item that I payed for

Am I going to get into trouble for not knowing your guideline rules? I'm on disability with a breathing problem and sick A LOT of the time, until, hopefully I get fixed up, but to my order problem, I ordered a product a few months ago, my old address showed up, so I informed the seller that it would be a problem and so I gave the seller my new address immediately (changed my pay pal and ebay contact info right away), but the seller (not knowing the situation of sending to my old address) said he wouldn't send it to my new address because it would be simpler to send to my old address, where I told him, it would be problematic, well, he sent it there and my step dad didn't get the product at the post office for me, as I told the seller, he would give me trouble. So I sent the seller my new address a second time, he said that he got it AGAIN, and sent it, I never received it, I was very frustrated and sort of gave up, but I payed through Pay Pal, 45 dollars plus, for the item and mostly postage/shipping. I've recently told the seller that I WOULD ACCEPT A SCAN OF A PICTURE, RATHER THAN NOT GET ANYTHING AT ALL (sorry cap attack), and it was the sellers idea to send me a scan to make up for not getting the print that I ordered, and the seller asked me for my email address to send a scan if he could manage it, and I got in trouble for mentioning my email, which the SELLER requested...I'm sick and tired of getting into trouble with warnings and threats, not getting my item, being ignored, HEY, i PAYED A LOT OF MONEY (FOR ME!!!!!)-sorry again, those darn caps-so I WOULD JUST LIKE TO GET something FOR THE MONEY THAT i SENT? Oh, that cap key is killing me!!!!! lol

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm sorry but if you paid for the item to be sent to the incorrect address (as it was at first) there is nothing that ebay can do for you. Appreciating that you tried to correct it afterwards with a message to the seller directly, what you needed to do instead is Cancel that order and repurchase with the correct address. Sellers are obligated to send orders to the address on the account, not an address that comes afterwards from the buyer.

Perhaps if you call Paypal Customer Service, they can help you?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You bought a Thing.

You had the wrong address on your PP account.

The seller sent the Thing to the address on your PP account.

Fortunately, you knew the people at the address.

Unfortunately, they did not pick up the parcel.

The PO has returned the item to the seller,.

The seller notified you that he had received the returned parcel. (?)

You gave him the new address.

If he sent it, it has not arrived.

You paid $45 to the seller and have nothing.

• Sellers are required to ship to the PP address to have Seller Protection.
  • You agreed, unhappily, to the shipping address
  • When an item is returned as undeliverable, the transaction is over.
  • The seller owes you the selling price of the Thing, ethically if not legally.
  • The seller does not owe you the money you paid him to ship, since that was just a pass-through and the Post Office did its job by attempting delivery and returning the Thing to the sender/seller.
  • If you want the thing, the seller is entitled to demand a shipping fee for the second shipping attempt.
  • If the seller looks on the PP invoice, and clicks on Refund, he will have your email address, which may make communication easier.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply