Dishonest Sellers

Is it me or are there a lot more dishonest sellers now than there used to be.There was a time I rarely to never had to go through pay pal or ebay for products never sent to me,but now it seems out of every 8-10 items I buy there will be 1 seller guaranteed that I have to battle with to get a refund for a product never sent.Now I know not all sellers are dishonest and im not claiming that.BUT the dishonest sellers are making it a lot harder to trust the honest ones for I never know if the package bought will be sent out and you cant go by ratings as much because I've been stiffed(attempted) from high rated sellers.I do have a few sellers im beginning to be loyal to because I can trust them yet it shouldnt have to be that way.What does Ebay do about it? nothing,nothing at all.they say they will discipline the seller yet never do.There has to be a way for Ebay to fix this.There are honest sellers out there,and im sure this effects them.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Dishonest Sellers

Some categories are higher fraud than others, although from reading both buyer and seller posts, the sketchiness is on both sides.

Electronics is famous for this, as is gamer stuff, and horse tack.

When you win a Dispute in the Resolution Centre below, the seller gets a Defect on his account if he refuses to cooperate.

Defects are not public*, but can lead to higher fees (up to 14%), restrictions on the number and value of listings, or the closing of the account.

The one who wins a Dispute can also leave FB, but eBay doesn't use that as a measure of member accounts. Reading FB is useful to see if there is a pattern of non-delivery, poor quality, or difficult communication.

there will be 1 seller guaranteed that I have to battle with to get a refund for a product never sent.

Why do you think you need to "battle"?

If you open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of the page, the seller must prove delivery.

If he doesn't, you are refunded.

Are you getting caught up in the suggestion that you Contact the Seller?

While this is a courtesy, it is not a requirement.

An honest seller will refund if he can't supply the proof of delivery (not shipping, delivery), but if he doesn't do that promptly, ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

The process is not always fast , but it is fairly certain.

*Neither are Strikes for non-payment which are given to buyer accounts.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Dishonest Sellers

Ive already done that and its in the hands of paypal and e-bay.when I say battle I dont mean war .I just mean having to deal with lies and dishonesty and having to get ebay /paypal involved.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply