Dissapointing Ebay Customer Service Contact!!

ceebeehof
Community Member

The Ebay website has terrible, poorly designed customer service contact. There is no option for the issue I am experiencing to get into contact with anyone via e-mail, phone, or other. I am being sent in a circle of links which is incredibly frustrating, and disappointing.

Background: I purchased an item as a guest buyer. I was informed I would be able to track a shipment as a guest, using the e-mail confirmations sent to me. Indeed I received an e-mail when my item was shipped with a big blue button saying "track your order". But I cannot get anywhere with this button as it simply brings me to a page where I cannot go any further into the website without "logging in". If I make an account, I cannot use that account to track this particular package because I did not originally use that account to purchase the item.

This is not the most frustrating part. Where I become upset is that in trying to trouble shoot this issue, I am sent on a roundabout search through the "customer service" section of the website which will not give me a phone number to call, but instead sends me in a continuous circle of links which are absolutely no help.

Disappointed, Ebay. I will not be purchasing through this site again if this is how you handle your customer service.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You bought as a "Guest" then you have to sign in as a "Guest" using the info in your email.

The eBay help files say:

If you bought an item as a guest, you'll need to sign in as a guest user to view your order details.

Follow these steps:

1. If you're signed in to eBay, sign out to avoid any error messages.
  2. Find your eBay guest order confirmation email — the subject line starts with "Guest Order."
  3. Select View order details in the email.
  4. Enter your email address and access code to sign in as a guest user.

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

This is just a small hiccup and no reason not to use eBay again. Its true that Customer Service is "disappointing" to say the least but most questions can be sorted out with all the input from the various other members here. For now don't worry about TRACKING because at least it has been sent or so it would seem. If the item comes from China it could take 2 months to arrive and the number is probably an accounting number and not a tracking number. Tracking is expensive even from China. More important is the last possible delivery date. Once that passes, you have 30 days to file a NOT RECEIVED claim from the RESOLUTION CENTER option at the bottom of this page. Buying as a guest without registering on eBay can have these sorts of hassles so the easiest thing to do is just register and then you can sign in anytime and keep track of all your purchases.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

There is no option to sign in as a guest, nor was I provided with an access code.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply