Dont use global shipping program

Dont use global shipping program or get sce....ed . the global shipping program cancelled without warning  an item that was in transit  to my adress .I contacted Ebay about this ,because I had bought accessorys to go with it ,and wondered why I wasnt offered another way of shipping item, because now I was loosing money ,having paid for acessorys I couldnt use .Ebays answer not their problem .So I asked I do I know If the next item I buy wont be cancelled ,their answer it doesnt happen often and read the conditions for global shipping programs .So sorry sellers will not buy any items from Ebay that are shipped through this program ,and I stongly suggest buyers beware.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Dont use global shipping program

The GSP is a freight forwarding program.

It will not ship items that cannot be imported into Canada, even if they can be legally purchased elsewhere.

The first time this came to the attention of the Boards was about guitars made with rare woods, which were stopped under CITES environmental protections.

Lithium batteries and some herbal remedies have also been mentioned.

Did you get your money refunded?

In most cases those items would also have been stopped by CBSA.

The GSP is useful for bulky, high value items that would be stopped by CBSA and import fees charged.

Not for small and low value items.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply